SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dalefoxtail

Home finance idea. Please read..need help

dalefoxtail
16 years ago

Ok, I need the thoughts and ideas from all who care to chime in. Here is my situation. I found I house that I want to buy that is in need of repair and being sold as-is. It was listed for $150.000 and I offer$108.000 and they accept the offer, it is a foreclosed home.

Well I had the appraisal done on the home and it was appraised at 135.000 as-is with a cost to cure estimate of $30.500 to repair the things that is in need of repair. Then the mortgage agencies told me the lender wanted me to have the home repaired first and they have a program that will let me buy the home and they will also roll in the $30.500 for the repairs into the loan. And the agency says this is the only way the lender will OK the deal.

The appraiser estimates that the home will appraise around $185.000 to 210.000 after the repairs are completed. The total for the new mortgage will be $145.000 with a monthly note of around $1195.00 Which is still a good move to me as I will still have a lot of equity in the new home.

The home I'm in now for over 10 years will be sold and I look to make anywhere from $30.000 to 45.000 clear on this home when it sells.

So here are some of my questions for the group, I plan on putting $30.000 or $40.000 from the sale of my present home towards the principal of the new home, but that will not drop the monthly note but it will shorten the loan. So in order to lower my monthly note, would I be able to refinance the balance of around $105.000 to get my monthly note lower on the new home?

I was comfortable with the note when the home was at $108.000 but now that I have to borrow $145.000 I'm looking for ways to lower my monthly mortgage and I came up with this idea. Can you refinance that fast. Are is there a waiting period you must wait.

If anyone else can think of something I can do, by all means please post your ideas. I'm all ears. I need all ideas anyone might have. Thanks

Comments (6)