SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladynimue

A 'no-shoes' person viewed our home

ladynimue
15 years ago

Our home has been on the market for about a week now and this lady who was our 2nd looker reminded me of the discussions here (and on just about every other board) about wearing or not wearing shoes in your house.

She was kind of a strange bird. She had been out with my agent looking at lower priced homes and not finding anything she liked so she started thinking she might have to go higher priced. She'd seen photos of our home so while they were out she asked the agent to stop by our house (no notice).

First thing she said to me was "If I buy your house then I want your table, too." My new dining room table!

Then she noticed that I wasn't wearing any shoes and she got real excited (really). She told me that she and the people she knows don't wear shoes in their homes and told me about buying the booties at Home Depot, and on and on about it. She stated that shoes make floors dirty and pointed to my (bare) feet and said they were clean :)

Before she left she said "You keep a very nice house." Well, good, at least someone appreciates my efforts :) But honestly, my shoes were only off because my feet were hot, lol. It's not tradition or common around here to remove your shoes.

A couple hours later my agent called and said the woman was driving him crazy for a couple of reasons. He said that her goal was to make very low ball offers on 5 or 6 homes, (she mentioned offering $130k on our $199k house, and this in a still very hot sellers market) and that isn't something he's willing to waste his time on. She also walked into one home and immediately started ranting, in front of the owners, "No, no, I can't live in this house, I can't buy this house, your floors are too dirty, I don't want this house, I can't take my shoes off in this house." And she turned around and walked out.

It's kind of funny to think that my hot and clean feet might be the one thing(s?) to sell my house, lol. Assuming she'd be willing to make an honest offer :)

Comments (7)