SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Moving on to the backsplash - Pics

oldbat2be
12 years ago

Once again, I need your help in preventing me from ruining the space and wasting more $$ and effort :)

My tastes run the gamut from shiny white subway to big floral tiles. Island may still be repainted some shade of grey. Countertop is torquay quartz, cabinets are frosty white. Island light is shiny silver when off, warm red when on. Darth Vader and son (fridge and dw) will eventually be replaced with white.

I like the idea of a big tile, possibly big floral, but also like clean backsplashes which fade into the background.

I'm not a fan of the 'framed' focal point.

A few pictures of how things look as of today:

Note the dark tile sample -- actually looks ok. (Oceanside crescent, ~quoted $100 sq foot, ack! Love the texture but not considering seriously).

When I look at many of my inspiration pix, I see clean colors in the same family. Monochromatic maybe, but I see as a palate with which one can then accessorize/decorate to create the pop. The lights will definitely be part of this; possibly may accessorize with more copper over the wood hood area.

I will always have things out on countertops.

Hood area is min 32 square feet of backsplash.

Here are some tiles I'm considering:

BeauMonde from Ann Sacks (I know, sure to be v. pricey, but wouldn't it be fabulous?) (Wouldn't it? Please stop me if entirely wrong!)

#1:

contemporary kitchen design by denver kitchen and bath Exquisite Kitchen Design

modern kitchen design by denver kitchen and bath Exquisite Kitchen Design

#2: Much more reasonable ($8.00/tile):

eclectic kitchen design by philadelphia general contractor Kenny Grono, Buckminster Green

#3: Like the texture and color on this one:

modern kitchen design

#4: Heath white staggered: these are $$$$ too. 3 x 9's

modern kitchen design by los angeles architect Lewis / Schoeplein architects

#5: Heath white stacked:

modern kitchen design by san francisco architect J. Weiss Design

Heath white both:

Heath classic field tile:

Ideas/thoughts/caveats would be greatly appreciated, as always. THANKS! -poorbat2be:)

Comments (37)