SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iwantakitchen_gw

Backsplash help. PICTURES. Need a push to move forward

iwantakitchen
14 years ago

I redid my kitchen over a yr ago but frozed on the backsplash. Decided I needed to try and tackle this again. I sure would love some ideas, suggestions, and even interior decorator advice to get me motivated on this project again.

My uppers are creamy white (cali lily) with reddish brown glaze

Lowers are natural red birch

Stainless appliances

Wood floor "peshtigo cherry maple"

Countertop- Hi Macs Solid surface "Desert Sand"

Light fixtures and knobs and handles "pewter".

I am thinking that I would like a tile that is darker than the uppers but not darker than the lowers. So a medium (not dark) shade tile. I do want the splash to make a statement. In other words I do not want splash to fade into the background. I seem to steer away from solid color tiles. I like color depth or also like shades of different colors like quartzite. I want the tile to make the upper cabinets pop out and also bring out the red birch lowers. I really want it to cozy up to the red birch beautifully as it is a gorgous wood. I do not like busy, I like flowing, smooth. If several colors are involved the colors would need to flow in shade from one tile to the next, not jumpy like light to dark.

I did seems to somewhat like autumn slate but worry about it being too dark when enhanced. I also fear ordering "stone" as the stores keep telling me because it is a V4 it may not look at all like the sample. Others I liked were stuff like quartzite where there is several colors and also like marble. I do not want a shiny tile so glazed and glass is out. I would like the tile to pull all my elements together (creamy uppers, red birch lowers and stainless.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comments (2)