SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldbat2be

Cookbook and Go To Recipe(s)

oldbat2be
10 years ago

I find that with many of my cookbooks, I cook the same recipe again and again. I'd like to find other tried and true recipes, recipes you've made at least say 5 times and hoepfully closer to 50.

Please post the cook book name and recipe(s) you make regularly, the recipes which are worth 'buying the book' for. Hopefully others will already have the book(s) and will be tempted to try the recipes.

The Top 100 Pasta Sauces (Diane Seed) - Tagliatelle or Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce - this is my go to tomato sauce.

The Cake Bible - (Rose Levy Beranbaum). Perfect All-American Chocolate Butter Cake (uber quick), White Spice Pound Cake.

Baking with Julia (Dorie Greenspan) - Baking Powder Biscuits. What's wonderful about these is you can turn the oven on, and by the time it reaches the correct temperature, you have the biscuits ready to go into the oven and everything cleaned up.

A Matter of Taste (Junior League of Morristown NJ) - lots in here. Sesame Chicken with Honey Dip. Hot Mushroom Turnovers. Citrus Cup cocktail is quite good but I've only made 2-3 times. Macadamia Fudge cake and Chocoholics Dream are both wonderful. My notes on them respectively: 'Easy, Quick, Excellent; small but incredibly rich. Leaves you wanting another taste/piece' and 'Wonderfully rich - excellent and easy and quick! Can make up to a week ahead'.

This post was edited by oldbat2be on Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 10:38

Comments (12)