SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasjen_gw

Recommendations for flower colors for curb appeal when selling?

TexasJen
10 years ago

Hi, I'm new here, but everyone seems to give such great advice that I thought I'd jump right in! :)

We just went under contract to buy a new house, so are putting our house on the market next week. Spring has finally arrived here, so I want to plant some annuals in our front garden bed.

Our house is freshly painted a warmish tan, with white trim, and there is just a tiny bit of reddish brick accent (on either side of the garage). The front steps are a light grey - almost white - concrete, and next them we have a raised bed lined with light grey paver stones.

I'm wondering what color annuals to put in there to make it look the most welcoming. There is a small lilac to the side, which will hopefully be blooming in the next couple of weeks, and there is a rose in there, but I think it will be at least another month before that blooms.

So I'm working with tan/white background, plus a bit of red brick (way off to the side though), and lavender. I'm thinking definitely some petunias, because they do really well here. Oh, and it's a West-facing house, so I need sun-loving flowers.

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Comments (13)