SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
junkyardgirl

Ouch! Sliced my leg open last night.

junkyardgirl
16 years ago

I had a carving knife on the counter, and the cat tripped me, and I hit it. It fell, and the tip caught the front of my leg, opening up a slash about 1-1/2 inches long. It hurt like all getout! It was a terrible, burning pain! Surprisingly, it didn't bleed much.

I hung my leg over the tub, held it open, and poured peroxide into it. When it stopped bleeding, I stuffed it full of Neosporin and put some small bandages across it to hold it together. Bad part was, I hadn't had a shower yet, and didn't want to take one for fear of getting it wet, so I just sponge bathed the essentials, and went on to bed. It hurt a little this morning when I first got up, but it hasn't bled anymore that I can see. I'm gonna bathe and change the bandaids on it in a few.

I'll probably have a nasty scar, but it wasn't worth having stitches. When it finally stopped bleeding, I could see that the cut wasn't really that deep. I guess the knife tip sort of went in at an angle, so it's sort of sliced right under the top of the skin. I've had lots of "skin flap" cuts that healed fine, so this one should too.

Boy, if it ain't one thing, it's another.

Comments (12)