SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Fizzy Paint Anyone?

ttodd
14 years ago

Yesterday afternoon I stopped in the Benjamin Moore paint store near where I work. It's def. more of an interior design/ paint store than the BM closest to my home.

The designer working told me about a new paint thing that she just got info on and it's a fizzy paint.

What can fizzy paint do you ask? Well apparently it works on the same premise as Easter Egg coloring tablets. The paint is actually a dry tablet that you drop into water at which time it begins to fizz. Then begin painting over your already base coated walls w/ a brush, roller, rag - whatever. The 'bubbles' create air pockets on the walls that then burst leaving behind an instant uneven finish on the walls making them look aged. She showed me the product info (stupid me didn't look at the real name of it) and the samples were wonderful! It really looked genuinely aged and you don't have to be a paint guru to achieve a natural aged look. You can control how aged you want it to look by how much you rub on or take off and what you use to apply it.

She said she's not sure if she's going to pick it up to carry in the store (I said 'PLEASE DO!'). The real name isn't Fizzy Paint - that's just how she referred to it.

Has anyone seen or heard of a product like that? i thought it sounded very cool and wanted to share a possible new paint product/ technique w/ you all.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County