SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reno_fan

Back patio makeover....before and after pics

reno_fan
15 years ago

Okay, so the after pics more "in progress" pics, but you get the picture!

Here is the backyard when we bought the house. The whole deck was rotten and literally falling apart. It contributed greatly to the reason why this house sat on the market for more than 2 years, as *everyone* who saw that deck just shuddered at the sight of it. It looked passable from a distance, but the whole structure shook and wobbled when you walked on it, and the fence around the pool was not only ugly, but also falling apart. Also, nearly every room in my house floor to ceiling windows and doors that overlook the backyard, and that awful fence and rail is all you could see. Blech.

This has been the largest task we've taken on. It required 2 huge 30 yard construction dumpsters just to get rid of the wood, and then we had to have 35 tons of fill dirt delivered to bring the grade up for concrete. Urf.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

And here are some back to back before/after shots with the freshly poured concrete:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

And just for fun, here's a glimpse of the ugliest hot tub on earth. I think it looks like a Creme Saver Lifesaver, but it's in *perfect* condition, and it's plumbed into the pool, so we kept it. We need to dig it out deeper so it sits flush with the deck, and I guess we'll build a trex deck or something to surround it. (I wish we could have just poured concrete around it, but it's not the kind of hot tub that was designed to be set into concrete, so we had to improvise.) I think we'll live with it this year, and then contact a gelcoat company to refinish it for me. (My kids love it. They think it's "retro".)

Comments (5)