SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairiedawnpam_gw

Floor tile decisions - inspiration photos

prairiedawnpam
13 years ago

Three areas of our home are under renovation now including a new ensuite bathroom and our front foyer. We like traditional, farmhouse and craftsman styles and enjoy shopping for bargains, old or new. Our wood trim is painted white.

In the upstairs ensuite bathroom, my thought is to do square tiles in black (or grey) and white. I like the idea of a post-Victorian look for our neo-Victorian house, but black and white is so bold and maybe not the relaxing look I should go for in an ensuite. Thoughts?

I was uncertain what to do in the foyer. I thought maybe doing black (or grey) and white there, too, but I was nervous about being so bold in a larger space. The adjoining kitchen has beige vinyl that will be replaced and the adjoining living room carpet is beige shag that will also be replaced; we're thinking of wood-look laminate for both spaces.

On the weekend we found deal we couldn't refuse and we bought 18" ceramic squares in a tan colour. Now I'm debating where to put them, foyer, bathroom or both.

What do you think of a two-toned floor using browns? Bathroom? Foyer? Both? Neither?

Would a darker coloured border around the floor make the space seem smaller? The baseboards will probably be white.

I'm open to suggestions.

...Pam

Comments (3)