SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nanny2a

Do I Need More Seating in my Great Room?

nanny2a
9 years ago

You all were so helpful with my coffee table dilemma a few months ago, I thought I would show you the final results of my great room transformation.....and get some more advice! Only two of us live in this house, we are both retired, and we very seldom entertain. Do we still need more seating? And if so, what and where?

For those who remember, I got a new couch that replaces an older sectional that was too large and bulky looking for our small living area. The sectional really only sat 3 people comfortably, or 4 if you used the lounge portion, (which no one ever would use). Since no one would use that part of the sectional, I wanted to replace it with something more suitable for our needs.

I also replaced two oversized slipcovered club chairs that I mistakenly bought from Ballard Designs last year without test driving them first. Costly big mistake! They were the most uncomfortable chairs we have ever owned. I reupholstered the club chairs that I had purchased years ago for this room, that we always loved. The only reason I stopped using them was because I was tired of the red plaid skirted upholstery on them, the chairs and cushions were still in excellent condition. So I let DH get involved in the transformation process by letting him choose a new fabric for the chairs, (with my guidelines, lol!), then found my pneumatic staple gun and got to work. This is the result.

Comments (12)