SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cangelmd

Cream/white scheme, need color/lighting advice. Painting tomorrow

cangelmd
12 years ago

Help!

They want to start painting tomorrow, and we need them to start so we are almost finished when we leave next Saturday.

We are doing a white and cream bathroom, and the lights are not in yet, so I can't tell about the lighting. Below are pictures of the tile, mosaic accent tile, a fuzzy close-up of the marble and a photo of the cabs with some towels and washcloths. The plan is a space of layered whites and creams with a pale blue ceiling, towels and accents in blue and green. The marble is not just gray it has greeny-gold streaks. the mosaic has greenish onyx and beige.

Questions:

1 The cabs are BM Sparkling Wine. This is a rich cream with peachy undertones. Natural light downplays the peach, shadowing accentuates. I'm looking at BM Atrium White (pink undertone) and BM Acadia White (a cream similar to Sparkling Wine, but lighter and a little grayer) for the walls. What will make a white look less peach - an undertone that is pinker than the white OR the same color grayed??

2 What type of light bulbs for the can lights will downplay the peach? Natural light seems to do this, what are the most natural light bulbs?

3 Would you paint the trim the same color as the walls, but in Satin or Semigloss vs Eggshell for the walls, or would you introduce a truer white like Simply White to have a nod to the marble??

Whites are HARD! No more white for me.

Very close-up shot of marble to show greenish gold

Close-up of mosaic, it's not as gold as it appears on monitor

Mosaic and floor tile:

Cabinets and towels:

Comment (1)