SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kim089_gw

Need Advice On Color Schemes For Open Floor Plan Home

Kim089
11 years ago

Hi, my husband and I just purchased our first home in November 2011. All of the walls were white when we bought the home...we CANNOT stand white walls..BUT the living room, hallway, dining room, and kitchen are all connected and open so this makes it difficult to choose which colors to use on which walls. We would like to avoid using just one color, so we are needing some inspiraton and advice on color schemes throughout an open floor plan home. We really prefer light brown and beige colors. I have attatched pics to kind of show you our 'blank canvas'. Haha. The pics of the kitchen are from before we moved in, I couldn't get the same pics with my camera...we are also planning on replacing the laminate with a 'jeweled coral' laminate and doing a tile/stone backsplash before we paint,so it will all actually match. The theme in our house is western and we want it to look cozy! Sorry for the book! lol This is my 1st ever post on this sight!! If anyone would care to share their photos for inspiration, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Comments (8)