SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shanamaiya

First timer in need of emotional support

ShanaMaiya
11 years ago

Hi everyone.

My husband and I have lived in our home since marriage 22 years ago. I went straight from my parents home to this one so I have NO experience AT ALL (we bought this home from my in-laws). We took this house that was in awful shape and made it beautiful. We did most all the work ourselves. So of course I am VERY ATTACHED.

When my husband brought up the idea of selling and moving I resisted for awhile. I like playing it safe. Then after thinking about I decided I can't keep missing life because of my fears. Besides, I was up for having something a little larger. This home, while beautiful, is quite small and only has one bathroom. I wanted a bigger kitchen because I cook... A LOT. My husband loves woodworking so he wanted a basement and another garage.

We found a new development building homes a couple months prior and in order to proceed it was continginent on our home selling. So we did what we needed to do to make it happen.

We sold our home and are set to close next month. We were THRILLED that it was just on the market a few days and we had 3 offers. We accepted the best offer and the terms of closing in 2 months.

Then "fit hit the shan". To make a long story short, our lawyer advised us not to go through with the build because there was something very fishy with the builder. So we took his advice.

A couple days later we found a resale that we loved even more than the other, put in an offer and it was accepted. The only thing is the seller hasn't found a new home yet, but our lawyer gave him 3 months to close.

So here we are in limbo. We have to move into an apartment with flexible lease terms (we were able to find a few, some VERY expensive, some not SO bad).

I feel bipolar. One minute I am excited, the next I am scared and the next I am sobbing. This is such an emotional rollercoasters... and I don't like rollercoasters of ANY kind.

I just needed to vent and was hoping someone could say something to make me feel better... or at least make me feel like I'm not alone. :/

Comments (10)