SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saphireny

Anyone feel like the entire market is based on Hype

saphire
17 years ago

For several years the market went up and every paper talked about the hot real estate market. Then last spring every paper talked about how the bubble was going to burst so you felt like you were playing a reverse game of musical chairs or hot potato. No one wanted to watch their equity evaporate 10 minutes after closing. The only factor that I could really see last summer was the increase in interest rates which did not actually happen. Before you correct me I am speaking about the Northeast, California and other coastal areas. I realize many areas did not have the same appreaciation and some areas such as the NorthWest are hotter than they were 3 years ago

As for gas prices going up, if the cost of everything else goes up as a result, we call that inflation and a house that seems expensive at 500k (or whatever) will seem cheap in a couple of years

It almost seems like the housing market is falling in and out of fashion like hemlines based on what the media is editorialing. Is there any real reason not to buy or sell now? Anyone with an economics background want to comment on this. I just feel confused as I want to trade up

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio