SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elba10

New GE Cafe full depth fridg (&DW) vs.

elba1
13 years ago

HI all, I posted a question on the appliance forum early March that never got a response, so I'm trying one here, based on new info, TIA.

Local scratch & dent (S&D) place carries the GE Cafe series (they also order new, so I can get it all at the same place either way). I have a deposit on a GE Cafe range. It will be the only appliance on the short wall of our L shape kitchen. There is a brand new GE Cafe full depth fridg just coming out ($2299 - not S&D). GE Cafe DW ($800 S&D). Fridge & DW will only be separated by an 18" cabinet along the long wall of the L. GE Cafe hood is $650 (not S&D). If 4 appliances are bought, there is currently a $500 rebate, but that is being doubled, so I would actually save $1000 on the cafe series.

However, from what I've read, GE fridg's are ok, DW's not so much. Do you think the cafe series is any better in that regard?

If I don't get the GE package, I will still get the range. I would get the zephyr hood ($550) & Samsung 29 cu ft fridg ($1800). DW is trickier - would probably have to pick a model w/o a handle if not same brand as fridg - Miele would be approx. $1200.

Any trust for the GE Cafe series as a whole? The package would come out to at least $800 less than the separate brand appliances above, which is a lot of money to us (would be like getting the DW free). However, if there is a consensus not to trust the Cafe DW in particular, I know it would be better to get individual appliances to last that may save $ & aggrevation in the long run.

Comments (7)