SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noniwilli

Questions regarding Electrolux vs GE Cafe

noniwilli
15 years ago

Hi all!

I have been getting wonderful information from this forum for a couple of years, and am need of some education regarding appliances. We are building a house and will be buying new appliances for the kitchen - dishwasher, refer, micro and range. I have looked at Electrolux, and got a good price on a package...not the "Icon". What is the difference between the Electrolux Icon and the IQ touch models? I have read some REALLY bad things about the Electrolux and am very hesitant about the brand...I know that it is not the same brand that makes the vacuums. As a side note, I am in a rural area of the country and am worried that if my appliances are problematic, I will have trouble with servicing them. I am comparing them to the GE Cafe...I had GE Profile in a past home, and although I had problems with reliability, in all, I liked them. I just like the look of the handles on the cafe and electrolux..chunky and more professional. I have read of some problems with the Cafe line as well...

Can anyone give me any info on the differences in the Electrolux lines and has anyone had a good experience with them?

Sorry for the long question, I look forward to your advice!

Comments (10)