SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandogirl

broker open houses

mandogirl
16 years ago

Hi. Can anyone comment on their experiences with broker open houses? I know they are generally thought of as the more effective, productive events (versus public open-houses, which tend to attract mainly neighbors).

If you're selling, did your agent hold a broker open house? How constructive were the comments you received? Did the event generate any concrete leads to potential buyers?

If you're an agent who holds broker open houses, what's your view of them? How many of the comments are constructive, and how much schmoozing/grandstanding goes on? I.e., saying the home is priced high when it's not, bragging about their clients who could be potential buyers, schmoozing, etc. I don't mean to offend any agents. I'm really wondering about others' experiences.

Our broker open is today...about to begin in ten minutes. I'm sitting here at work obsessing over it. One broker is apparently bringing in one of his clients for a showing just before the broker OH. I tend to think of that as a good sign. We'll see.

Thanks.

Comments (10)