SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chicagoerin

How important is price per sq ft?

chicagoerin
15 years ago

Hi, I am wondering how important you think Price per sq feet is? I have a ranch home (highly sought after and rare in normal market in my neighborhood) that is in excellent shape. A realtor whom I am working with on the buy side is trying to convince me to lower my price based on comps for 2 story homes in my hood. He is sighting the price per sq ft of mine being much higher than others, which it is. I own a side pet sitting biz and have been in many of the houses in my neigbhorhood and they don't compare in terms of upgrades, maintainence, etc. So that coupled with the ranch thing leads me to believe that the right person will not care about this. IF they are looking for a ranch and like mine, they will buy it.

I have had 7 showings in 4 weeks (more than I expected) and the three realtors that gave me feedback said it shows like a model and is "priced right".

I have it listed flat fee MLS and don't NEED to sell but want to downsize. I can wait the whole summer no problem, but don't necessarily want to be in the house in Nov.

What would you do?

Thanks

Comments (11)