SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Sick, sick feeling in the pit of my stomach!

tinker_2006
16 years ago

my cabinets were delivered to our new home yesterday. They are not assembled in any way, just the box frames all over the rooms they go in, and I am feeling sick like I have made the worst mistake ever! I wanted cream color cabinets, I just like them, always have and when I look at kitchens with white/cream - I usually always do a double take. I ordered a med/dark cherry. My DH wanted cherry, the KD's (2 of them) steered me into cherry as well, and I did like the model which had cherry and I know there are many, many beautiful kitchens in cherry... and I crumbled and agreed to cherry. I am sure everyone will understand when I say 'it just isn't me'. If your a cherry cabinet lover, I am sure that you appreciate some beautiful white/cream kitchens, but wouldn't get it because it isn't what you can live with.

Now it's too late - they are here and I am stuck, and already wondering how much it would be to reface the cabinets! To make matters worse, our wood flooring we ordered is no longer available and we we forced to go pick out a new hardwood floor in a day. The flooring guy discouraged me from the new one I picked, indicating because it was smooth and had a gloss to it, it would should imperfections on our slab floor and we could get raised spots. I ended up picking a mahoney, hand scraped floor (based on his recommendations) I like the floor, and I think with cream cabinets it would be awesome, but with the cherry - not so.

I am venting, I am sad about the whole thing! I don't know how I allowed myself to get into this situation!

Comments (25)