SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charliedawg_gw

I'm sick to my stomach about our brick.

charliedawg
17 years ago

Bare w/ me please. I'm about to cry. Here is the story.

Our builder told us to find a single house that we liked the total package. This included brick, mortar, trim color and roof. We did this and gave her the address. She sent her "brick guy" out there to identify the brick.

The brick guy delivered the sample of the identified brick. Immediately I knew the texture was different/rougher but I liked it better anyway. I took the sample to the original house and the colors looked ok and appeared to match perfectly but my sample has about 6 bricks so it was impossible to get a real feel for what a houseful of these bricks would look like.

The brick guy said he was 99% sure this was the brick but there was a 1% chance it was another one. He promised that this sample brick would have the exact same "look" of the house we liked. The only difference would be the texture. And since I liked the texture I said ok.

Bricks were delivered and I'm freaking out. I just can't even imagine it looking like the original house. My brick looks like it only has 2 colors, black and red. I'm fearful this will look spotty. Unlike the original house that had gradual color changes throughout. One brick might be red another black and another red and black and grey. (I hope this makes since) My bricks are either totally red or totally black in my opinion.

Before I said a single word about the delivery my builder looked at them and said these are pretty. The bricks have great color variances.

Is it possible that I'm just blind and just really can't see the subtle differences because its not up on a house. I'm almost ready to ship it all back no matter what it costs.

My husband thinks I have finally lost it!!!! He has done everything to ease my mind and nothing is helping.

Comments (38)