SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpp798

Hmm do you think our Buyers Agent is Tired of Us?

mpp798
16 years ago

We have been working with two really nice older men in Austin for 14 months and haven't bought a house yet. They have their own small RE office. They automatically send us MLS listings each day in the area and price range we are interested in. Otherwise, they are not involved in our home search. During all this time we try to be respectful of their time. We never call unless it is to look at a home. We drive by the home and neighborhood first to make sure we like it. We always meet our realtor at houses instead of having them drive us. We go to every open house in the area on weekends. We went months during the winter not looking at homes. We put in an offer last August and didn't get it. We found another home on our own (open house) and called them to write a full asking price offer in November. They called the realtor right away but someone else had already put in an offer and the counter had been signed before the open house unbeknown to us. Now that the market has picked up, they have shown us homes twice in the last two months. Each time they were late meeting us. They also don't call to confirm when they say they will. Last time they didn't show up and left us waiting in the car for 45 minutes. We went home and rescheduled. They are showing us 3 houses today. I called them Friday. (new listings just came out Friday ) They tenatively set it up for Monday at 10:30 a.m. They were to call Saturday to confirm. I never heard from them so I called Monday at 10:00 a.m. They hadn't even set up the house I was most interested in. However, they have now and we are good to go. My husband and I have noticed for a long time that they don't call back to confirm showings or meet us on time. He keeps saying they are burned out on us. (he doesn't blame them) We both want to keep working with them because we want them to get a commission. I realize they have shown us more houses than most clients over a longer period of time because we don't have to buy right away. I am also pickier than most because I want a decent sized yard.

Do you all think our realtors don't want to work with us anymore but are too nice to say? We actually haven't had a signed contract for the last 9 months but they know we will use them in completing a transaction. They haven't said anything negative to us, but they are real Texas gentlemen so who knows. BTW, we referred our son to them and he just bought a starter home from them ($155,000) after seeing 5 other houses. You realtors out there and others, what do you think? Thanks.

Comments (8)