SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mgshores

FSBO, Owner doesn't want to use my my buyers agent

mgshores
17 years ago

I am new to the forum. I have read many previous posts to try and find solutions. My situation is not really a problem yet however, I would like some opinions on it.

We are looking to buy a home with a specific criterion list. We did find a great home (with a great price) that more than meets our needs. The house is FSBO. I wasn't worried because my Realtor already told me that he can work those deals as well. I am now discovering this is not going to be easy. 1. The seller never intended to use a realtor and did not have a brokers disclaimer about commission on his listing. 2. When my agent approached him about us viewing the house the owner did sign something that he agreed to the 3%. 3. We put our offer in at 96.5% of asking price and the owners response is I want to NET 283000. (his asking is 285000) 4. I originally wanted to make the offer at 275000 and had asked my realtor to reduce his % to 1.5% and we as the buyers would pay 2000 of the commission out of pocket. The realtor said he does not have the authorization to do this (works for agency) but he said lets offer 275000 with a 2.5%. He then said we will use your idea for back up neg. Now that we know what the owner wants to net, this means I would have to pay over list price (in a buyers market) or not use my agent. Not using my agent makes me a little nervous that something could happen before closing to make the deal drop and we would not know what to do. I think the family selling the home has not thought everthing through and probably thought it would take much longer to sell. They put thier sign up 2 months ago and told me they could close 2wks to 6 mo, but when they got our offer they now say the can't close till march 1st. Just need some advice on how to counter to make all 3 parties involved happy. Me, the agent, and the buyer.

Comments (19)