SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swimkin

Looking for fabrics for chairs to go with this Persian Rug

Zoe52
10 years ago

This is a true Persian rug that we own and will be using in our Living Room. My dog decided to get into the picture!

I was reading the thread on Oriental Rugs and just so you know they are NOT truly neutral in general. At least it really depends on the colors in them, I think.

I will be posting a close up of the rug, too. The pictures are pretty true to color FWIW

I am going to be building a new home and we have new furnishings. I am bringing most of my Oriental rugs with me. This particular rug I am targeting to go in my new Living Room. I have already decided upon an off-white fabric couch in the room, but I need a couple of side chairs in there. I also have an all black shiny finish piano that will be in there, too. I was wondering what fabric would be good to go with this rug that would not clash too much.

The rug is red and green mostly but there are blue tones in there and some off white, too. I am not sure if the side I took the picture of is the darker or lighter side of the rug. Anyway, I don't want my LR to be turned into Christmas year round, because the primary colors in this rug are red and green.

What fabric suggestions would you offer that would go with this rug without being too overwhelming? I would also need some fabric pillows to tie the room together.

I will also be posting a close-up of the rug, too. FWIW the pictures are pretty true to color.

Comments (23)