SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daltongang5

Please help! Pool concrete removal gone wrong!

daltongang5
15 years ago

Hi. I am new to this forum and in a desperate situation. We have had our backyard in a constant state of construction this summer. Our house, which came with an inground pool built on a hill, needed to have a retaining wall built to hold up the pool. That went well. We decided to replace the concrete walk around the pool with pavers because it was sinking and popping due to the hill moving...the house is 15 years old and the hill has been moving over the past 3 years.

Since we have spent so much money so far, we decided to be frugal (big mistake) and have the concrete cut beside the coping so we wouldn't have to replace it, which would have been another $1200 or so. The cutting went well, until the concrete was removed and we all saw the metal flange the connects to the pool had been severed all around the pool. The walls are o.k., just the lip of metal all around is severed. I have photos, but do not know how to attach them here.

We are trying to figure out a way to keep the coping up since it no longer is attached to the flange and cannot be reattached at this point. Can we replace the coping with something else or what can we do???? Please help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I already know how stupid an idea that was, so reminders of that are not necessary. :)

Comment (1)