SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohpup

Finally, they meet! My granite, sink and faucet. (pic heavy)

poohpup
12 years ago

So excited to come home today and see my faucets installed. Been dying to see everything come together. Just thrilled and had to share some pics. Would love opinions on the backsplash tile in the last pics.

The prep sink cabinet was a tight fit. Probably going to change the handle to the front so it is easier to use from both sides of the sink.

The valance over the sink is a temp that my GC made so I could see what it would look like. He even drew in the details. lol

Called today to schedule the installation of my fridge for Weds next week. Ovens will probably go in the following week. Speed oven went in today. Love seeing the progress.

Thought I had the backsplash all figured out but the Walker Zanger tile that I'd picked out (Ceramica Alhambra in Trigo) just fell flat in the kitchen once the counters were in place. Was thinking I needed something really simple and subtle with my bold counters but nothing was really working. Today I brought home some 6x6 travertine that has quite a bit of variation to it. The colors work great with the granite. Was thinking I needed something that wasn't busy but now . . . . . Liking this travertine. What do you think?

Thanks for looking and for opinions on the tile.

Comments (45)

• desertsteph
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

wow. how sharp looking is that? can't come up with the words for it...

'Was thinking I needed something really simple and subtle'

I agree - absolutely! that tile is awesome but too much with the granite. The granite is the star (a big one) - and it already has it's jewelry!

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

How fun to see it all come together for you! IMHO, that tile is too busy for the wild granite. Trust your instincts. :)

• Related Discussions

Finally, pics of our completed beach house -- pic heavy!

Q

Comments (46)
    Thanks for letting me know those are Flor tiles, Sue! Even better! They would likely work better than the rug I have in my kitchen because the ends of the rug are bulky and get in the way of the trash compactor opening. I have been having a hard time finding the right long rug for the hallway that will run from our front door to the mudroom, too. I will have to keep an eye out for good deals on flor tiles while we do that part of our remodel. I have been really enjoying the home decor forum here now that our kitchen is mostly done, and we will be starting on the rest of the house this spring. We just got cafe curtains hung in the kitchen and dining room today, so it was nice to see your curtains, too. Just enough for privacy, but still lets the light in...
    ...See More

Preview of some of my design choices: pic heavy

Q

Comments (72)
    I'm so sorry to hear about all of the sink drama! I even did a little googling last night to see what I could find - there's a complete dearth of info out there regarding Shaw sinks and disposals! On the other hand - your space is coming along fantastically! I love it! The counters, the little barn light over the door, the fri*dge cab... I could go on and on. Woo!
    ...See More

Meet my new kitchen/laundry room---pics (I hope!)

Q

Comments (57)
    Shelayne....thanks! Not quite sure how I feel about the LG yet....I think the cycles are too long....DH and I work in offices...do our clothes really need to wash for an hour? I think the shortest cycle is speedw wash and I think its 35 min....which was about how long my 15 year old Maytag did any cycle. And water temperature is pre selected,maybe you can override it buti haven't figured out how yet. Drying seems to take longer than my Maytag as well. But boy, can you fit a lot without an agitator! I've only had it a month and I probably need to read the manual some more, but the jury's still out...
    ...See More

Ok, here goes... My half-finished kitchen [very long & pic heavy]

Q

Comments (27)
    Wow, thank you, everyone, for your kind and encouraging words. Having spent countless hours, taking notes from this site (even when I knew some things were impossible to achieve in this kitchen) and quietly admiring all of your beautiful kitchens, from the big, jaw-dropping ones to the smaller, but oh so lovingly personalized ones, it means a lot to me and my SO that so many of you like what we've done so far. As newbies to all of this, we questioned every single small decision we made, and then questioned it some more, never quite sure if we made the right choice--especially going with practically the same color floor and cabinets--so it's great to get some positive feedback. Except the soffit. We never questioned that decision. We knew those had to vamoose! You should see the ones we took out of the bathrooms! EEEeeeeek! Anyways, thank you so much!
    ...See More
  • biochem101
    12 years ago

Whatever that counter is it's freakin' amazing!

Wow.

The tiles match. You could use it.
    But Are you sure that backsplash won't be too dark?

• sas95
    12 years ago

I wouldn't use those tiles. Way too busy.

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Pooh! Love the sink and so glad your Waterstone has a home! I thought about putting filtered water in by the sink but wasn't sure my sink could support it - looks great and maybe I will re-think.

The tile does match but not sure I like the style for your amazing kitchen. I am having the same problem - I picked out some tiles with style - but too much for the counter. The plain jane ceramic tiles just look yucky and all of those grout lines detract from the overall impression.

I am considering back painted glass - templated is probably out of budget but found a couple companies that make larger format tiles

Ann Sachs(I think that is how it is spelled but have to run to work)
    Bear Glass - Can template or make any size tiles you want
    Glazier Glass - Besides the usual 4x4, they also have 8x8, 12x12, and 24x24

Both Bear Glass and Glazier Glass will back paint with any BM or SW color, so you can find a match.

I need to get some measurements to figure out costs of this possibility. I know the template is out of question at over $100 sq foot. The Ann Sachs tiles are under $20 for the larger tiles, so am hopeful that either Glazier or BG will have potential.

Our lower oven was installed yesterday. T-12 til counters!

So much fun - even DH is starting to get into the act!!

• decordummy_gw
    12 years ago

The granite is amazing. The granite, sink & faucet together, and individually, are beautiful. I can't wait to see the rest.

• bmorepanic
    12 years ago

I also love it - very sharp - almost dramatic.

You might consider a color of tile - instead of stone. Some tiles are made with a more matte finish, maybe that would contrast well with the counters. Worth carting some more samples home...?

If you like the travertine, try bringing home a small factor sample - maybe 1x1 or 2x2 on the diagonal with matching grout - so the patterns in the individual tiles lessened and didn't flow in the same direction as the counter.

Perhaps also something like 2x8 or 3x12 subways.

• SaraKat
    12 years ago

I just have to say WOW that is a beautiful kitchen you have done. I really love the bold look! I like the travertine with it. It holds up to the strong personality of the granite. What about a copper backsplash I have seen copper tiles, might be too much. Dark Stainless tiles? Ones with a subtle imprint on them. I don't know!! It looks so great it's hard to pick out a backsplash when it already looks amazing! IMO glass or glass tiles would be too modern with it.

• lascatx
    12 years ago

a2gemini is on the same wavelength I am -- I see a cream to beige glass, not necessarily painted, but calm and cool with a feeling of fluidity -- very simple and minimal grout lines.

To be fair, I should tell you that I am not a fan of those travertine tiles in most situations -- they were so overused here that I do not equate them with anything that has the the style or personality your kitchen does.

• michellemarie
    12 years ago

WOW! Your granite has to be one of the prettiest I have ever seen! And your sink and faucets are fabulous!! This is one of the prettiest pairings I have ever seen on this website!
    As for the tile, I think you need simple and classic or it will overwhelm your kitchen. What about a simple Walker Zanger crackle subway tile? I just feel you could easily have every element competing for attention if you aren't careful.
    Good Luck and please post more pics!!

• pricklypearcactus
    12 years ago

Wow! Your granite and sinks are stunning! Personally, I would opt for something simple for backsplash. Your granite is a show stopper. To me, the contrasting stone travertine is taking away from the granite. It's not bad, but I think something more subtle and simple would be better.

• CEFreeman
    12 years ago

How fabulous. Your counters are definitely a focal point. I love that little applique detail with them. I was trying to picture things finished, and now it's in reach.

I hope you can find some place else to use that lovely tile. It's a bit too much for your granite -- distracting -- but too lovely to discard.

Gorgeous.

• poohpup
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for all your honest opinions. I knew I could count on honesty. I really wanted you all to tell me it wasn't too busy. lol But I posted it because I was worried it was too busy. Dang it.

biochem101, the counter is leathered Magma Supreme granite. I think you're right that I need a light splash with so many dark elements in my kitchen.

I found some light travertine tile in 4x4 that looks nice but DH hated it. At least it didn't have the color variation that the 6x6 has. I love the look of glass tiles but I do think they'd be too modern for my kitchen. I just don't see subways in my kitchen either.

I've got some photos of the Walker Zanger tile. I was in love with it until I had the cabs and granite in. I looked great with my sample doors and my small piece of granite. Now . . . . not loving it.

Here is the WZ tile with my sample doors and a deco tile. I thought the tile color was perfect. Love the color of the deco too but not the design.

Here are the same WZ tiles in different spots in the kitchen. I think it looks too dark now and I'm not loving the color. The lighting is much better in the pic with the sample doors. Lighting in the kitchen isn't great yet but even the spots that have great natural light it still looks too dark to me and the color seems off. Maybe because the granite was enhanced before it was installed? Hmmm . . . thinking I need to go lighter.

Dagnabit! Thought this was all figured out. I was supposed to be done with this and now I need to get out to shop for tile and don't have the time. Just to top it off, found out yesterday my 6 yr old DD has head lice. YUCK!!!! I'm up to my armpits in laundry now. I was hoping I'd avoid that little rite of passage. :(

• Mistman
    12 years ago

How 'bout copper for the BS? Not bright, but like the sinks.

• sas95
    12 years ago

We have a WZ Ceramica Alhambra backsplash and one thing that I can tell you is that there could be a huge color variation between the sample and the lot that you actually get when you order. For that reason alone, I wouldn't use them with your granite, where getting a color slightly "off" from what you expected could be all wrong. It was a lot less critical with our simple quartz counter, but I was very surprised by the color variation we saw.

• Mizinformation
    12 years ago

Congrats! What a lovely space. Which faucet family did you use? Is that Waterstone? I agree that the BS should be something in a consistent, not varied color. If tile, a matte or glassy ceramic more creamy or oat-colored, still slightly in the yellow family and not white. I also like the suggestions of a sheet material, such as copper. While bold as a material, it would eliminate the busyness of grout lines, which I think would compete with the granite. I don't think stone tiles work with the granite.

• modern_mom35
    12 years ago

granite is amazing!! sink is amazing!! no need for backsplash to steal any of its thunder. definitely tone down the tile. congrats on your amazing space!

• bellsmom
    12 years ago

This is my backsplash. It won't work for you, but I toss it in for you to consider. An alternative to squarish tile.

I think a linear pattern might be interesting as an alternative to square and rectangular patterns, but it might make one's eyes twitch.

Sandra

• bellsmom
    12 years ago

In relation to my previous post. This posting heading said it all. Keep it simple. Squares are simple and a better contrast to that wonderful wild counter.
    Sorry I can't retract the post.
    Sandra

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

I third or fourth the idea of a tile with consistent color. You've got enough movement and ornamentation going on. I'd keep the bs quieter and less ornamented with pattern to get some visual peace there.

Yuck on the head lice! DS is in kindergarten now so I've been lucky so far that he hasn't brought anything like that home...yet. Hang in there!

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Pooh - another tile place that I thought had high quality tiles and quite a few colors is Heath Tile. Wendy will help you identify some tiles that work. Wendy sent me a few samples before I made some other changes to the color, so will be back in touch if I chicken out on the back-painted tiles.

• sweeby
    12 years ago

What fabulous granite! And I love your faucets and sink --

I think the Ceramica Alhambra is exactly the right vibe -- simple but rustic, rich, earthy...

When I saw your first picture, I thought the color was too light. Too 'nothing' to stand up to your fabulous granite. Then I saw the later pictures, and actually liked it very much. In the later pictures, the color looked much richer and more vibrant, and for a granite that strong, I think that's important.

I still think SIMPLE should be your buzzword, but NOT light, and not ordinary.

You say the color is off? I'll trust your judgement on that, since you're there in the space with the tiles and the real lighting conditions. But I have to say that on my monitor, it looks really nice, and I don't think you're far from perfection.

I'd look for something similar in a mid-to-deep earth tone. I'd lean toward ceramic, but might be able to see a Jerusalem Gold limestone... Travertine is lovely, but (sorry GWebbers) ordinary -- and your granite deserves an extraordinary backdrop.

• iroll_gw
    12 years ago

How about ivory beadboard tile?

Here is a link that might be useful: Beadboard tile

• poohpup
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much for all the kind comments and the great ideas. I'm disappointed about the backsplash only because it means my kitchen won't be completely finished in the next few weeks. Oh well. I'll get over it. Decided I just need to have fun and enjoy the process. Pulling together the design is the most fun for me so I'm going to have fun!

My 6 year old DD and I went out shopping for tile today and I brought home lots of samples. She had a blast making suggestions and it was a fun girls day. Interesting how the tile looks in the store vs at home in the kitchen. Found a tile I was sure would work only to get it home and have it go pink on me. Hmmmmm . . . . I'll head back out tomorrow and bring home more samples. Definitely thinking I need to go solid and earthy and can't go light. I'm intrigued by the idea of a copper splash but think that may steal the thunder from my sink. I don't have a focal point in my kitchen like a range and hood. The focal point is my garden window with the sink. Something to think about though.

If I post later about being frustrated with the backsplash, please remind me that I'm having fun. Okay?

Mizinformation, you are right. My faucets are Waterstone in black ORB.

sweeby, the color of that tile is definitely off. I told my KD that it wasn't going to work and she kept insisting it would. Then she came over and looked and it. Paused for a moment then said, "I hate it." lol I think the tone is right but the color just doesn't work. It looks muddy in the kitchen.

• sweeby
    12 years ago

"I think the tone is right but the color just doesn't work. It looks muddy in the kitchen. "

Ah... That makes perfect sense. I was wondering what it was about the tile didn't work, and a 'muddiness' would be wrong. I'm thinking a strong mustard maybe? Something French (Provencal) or Italian? Possibly a Mexican yellow or Spanish/Moroccan? Or maybe a rich cognac shade... Definitely more yellow than pink, saturated and intense.

Do you have something laying around the house that might have the right color in it? Paint chips, an article of clothing, magazine ad, even a food label? Anything you can bring to the tile store and try to match...

• poohpup
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sweeby, thanks for your suggestions. The tiles that have some yellow or taupe are looking the best. Another trip out for tile samples yielded some promising ones. Unfortunately I got home late enough that I didn't have great light. Found some great handmade tiles, a couple of WZ tiles in a richer color as well as some ceramics. I'l have to take a look at them tomorrow in better natural light and see how they look. Definitely have my favorite. At least I feel like I'm on the right path.

• sprtphntc7a
    12 years ago

hi poohpup,

loving the sinks with the granite... absolutely gorgeous and perfect!!!!!

as far as backsplash, i noticed your travertine was on the dark side and mine is definitely lighter..maybe see if they have a lighter lot or color. i can't remember the name of the color i have, but u have pics of mine, can resend if needed.

of your new samples, i like the 2nd from the right. it seems to be the lightest and gives you some contrast to the granite and cabs.. jmho..

everything looks so phenomenal, you guys are doing a great job!!!!!

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Pooh
    I think the lighting is purposefully awful in every tile store!
    BTW. Our ovens have been installed!

• poohpup
    Original Author
    12 years ago

sprtphntc, Thanks for the nice comments. I'm thrilled to my toes at how things are turning out. Hard to believe it is my kitchen!

I've looked and looked at travertine. Hubby hates it. I bought 10 sq ft of the tile that I had in the pic. It is sooo varied. I don't see travertine happening. If for no other reason than hubby hates it. He loved it in our last kitchen. Oh well. lol The tile you mentioned definitely has possibilities. It is the lightest of all. It is handmade and really lovely. I've eliminated the two Walker Zanger tiles (4th from the right and the last one). The tile on the far left is a Sonoma crackle and the color is great. It is the safe choice. I'm really loving the one that is third from the right (subway shape). It comes in tons of different sizes, is handmade, very earthy and rich. It is the busiest of all those tiles (if you can even call any of them busy) and is probably the biggest gamble. It's calling to me.

A2gemini, no kidding about the lighting in the tile stores! Wow! You need to take tons home just to figure out the the carmels turn pink, the creams turn gray . . . . Definite learning curve! Congrats on the ovens!! All my doors are on. Most of the drawer fronts. Some of the decorative panels have gone in and the crown molding is starting to go up!

• deedles
    12 years ago

Pooh, your sinks are beautiful! How's about some copper accent tiles in whatever back splash you choose? To pull from the sinks but not compete with them?

• sweeby
    12 years ago

I'm really liking the ones on the far right and far left -- and also the dark single square, though I guess you've eliminated that one.

I'm less wild about the pair 2nd from right, but again, it's all lighting dependent. Does the pair 2nd from right ever go 'wimpy'? Or is it 'richer' than it looks in the photo? If it is richer, then it might offer just the right amount of contrast between your countertops and cabinets.

I'm concerned that the bricks would be too busy, and would distract from your granite. They seem to have a lot of 'speckle' in the glaze, and the non-square shape would add textural interest as well. I honestly think that would be 'too much'...

The far left set -- is there a lot of color variation? Is that why you got 4? I do like each of them, and normally love tiles with a lot of color variation -- but I think your backsplash should probably be an exception to that preference. That would be my only hesitation on the left set...

You also call them the 'safe' choice, and if I'm reading between the lines correctly, is there a touch of scorn or disappointment in your voice when you say "safe"? I totally get that ;-) And clearly, you didn't 'play it safe' with any of your other design choices. But that doesn't make the 'safe' choice the wrong choice here.

Think in terms what you want your backsplash to contribute to your overall kitchen design. With your dramatic granite, gorgeous copper sinks, rich cabinetry and strongly contrasting faucets, I'm thinking a bit of 'visual background' is probably just what you need, and a 'quieter' tile would provide that. (Not boring, just simpler. Besides, these are crackle, right? So a quiet bit of interest.) Too many competing focal points can make for a kitchen that overwhelms rather than nourishes.

If it helps, think of it in fashion terms. You don't wear your favorite jacket with your favorite blouse with your favorite skirt with your favorite boots and your favorite jewelry because the overall effect would be awful!

So don't pick 'your favorite' tile just because it's your favorite. Pick the tile that does for your overall kitchen what you want it to do...

• poohpup
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Deedles, totally planning on doing just that! As soon as I get the field tile, it's time to start working on the design. Have some ideas but it is going to depend on that pesky field tile. lol

I can't wait to see pictures of your sink when you get it. Both of my sinks have already changed noticeably since they were installed.

• deedles
    12 years ago

I know this is a picture of a shower wall, but could something along these lines work?

Here is a link that might be useful: [copper accent tiles[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/kitchen-copper-accents-phbr0lbl-bl~l_57132)

• deedles
    12 years ago

Have you thought about some bigger field tiles? Maybe it's not the color but the size of the tiles...maybe the granite is too 'big' visually for small tiles. What would you think about some 10" square or something. Just throwin' it out there....

• poohpup
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sweeby, You totally "get" me. Love hearing your opinions.

The tile on the far left is actually two different colors (two of each). They are so close in color that, honestly, if they weren't labeled on the back, I couldn't tell them apart. I think the color is perfect. A simple tile that really lets the rest of the kitchen shine. You're right when you hear a touch of disappointment with that tile. It is a ceramic tile. Nothing special. It has some shade variation but is otherwise pretty uniform and . . . . nothing special. But the color is perfect and it might be the perfect choice to allow me to use a nice pattern with some nice deco tiles. It comes in a variety of sizes. Might mix some 4x4s and 6x6.

The lighter tile (2nd from the right) is very rich in appearance but not color. Does that make sense? lol It is a handmade tile, looks and feels very organic and earthy. I wish the color was a little richer but it may be just perfect to add that lighter element and allow me to do some nice things with deco tiles. It also comes in other sizes and I'd most likely use 6x6.

The two Walker Zanger tiles that I eliminated are beautiful but the color isn't as nice as the others and they both actually have quite a bit of variation in the shade. And they aren't available in anything but the 4x4. The darkest of the two only has about 13 sq ft available so I could only use it as an accent. Maybe under a liner? I need approx. 39 sq ft for the splash.

That brings me to the bricks. I love them. They are ugly as sin by themselves. lol But put them in my kitchen and they look fabulous. I definitely wouldn't use the brick shape. They come in the widest variety of sizes from rombos to octogons, 1x1 all the way up to 12x12. Plus a ton of choices for liners and rails. The tile is handmade and very organic and earthy and rich and everything I could want. That tile is also the least uniform in terms of color. It has speckles and variety. I imagine that is a lot of the reason why I like it so much. My concern about it is whether or not it would be too busy with my granite and I definitely couldn't use much in the way of deco tiles, if any. I need to see this one in better light as I'm a tad concerned it could be a little too yellow. The weather has been terrible since I brought it home and I haven't been able to see it in good natural light.

My under cab lights are supposed to be in next week. I don't see making any decisions until then. My kitchen is already going to be finished long before the splash is done so what does another week matter?

"So don't pick 'your favorite' tile just because it's your favorite. Pick the tile that does for your overall kitchen what you want it to do..."

Great advice!

I am enjoying the tile selection. There are so many options! Once I narrow down the field tile, the layout possibilities are endless. I'm really looking forward to that part!

Thanks again for taking the time to give you opinion and advice. It is much appreciated. :)

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Pooh - maybe we should go tile shopping together!
    Or swap samples - I have a stack of tiles to return - although the one store has a 30 day limit, so guess I own them...
    Heading to mom's and leaving DH home alone!!
    Have to start packing for the trip...

• poohpup
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Deedles, the tiles I brought home are just to check for color. The ones I'm considering all comes in other sizes. Totally agree that a larger tile would work best in my kitchen.

There are endless possibilities for deco tiles. This is a cool one that I really like. It is a plant-on (lord knows if I spelled that right!) and it is attached to the top of the tile. Would give a great 3D look to the splash and some nice texture.

Here's another one that I really love. The color is better in person. The one is fairly small. Thinking it is may 2" or so. This one is a tile, not a plant-on.

This deco tile is really nice too.

All depends on the field tile.

A2gemini, tile shopping would be fun! Shopping for home decor anything is fun! lol

• mdispensa
    12 years ago

With beautiful granite like you have and all that movement, I would definitely not pick a tile with a lot of movement and more monochromatic. What do you think of stainless subway tiles or maybe even black glass?

• poohpup
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mdispensa, Thanks for the suggestions. Can't see the stainless subway working. Not a huge stainless or subway fan. Black glass? Hmmm . . . . that could be intersting. Under cab lights are supposed to go in this week. That will really help. I'll be off to the tile store again to check out other possibilities. Thanks again. :)

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Pooh
    I am glad there is someone else in the world that is not a fan of subway!
    I agree wtih mdispensa - glass would look stunning and if you use large tiles, less lines!
    I am talking to a couple companies about back painted glass.
    One is Bear Glass in NY.
    I have no idea of costs yet, but am hopeful, if I don't "template", it might be do-able!
    As most of us, I am already way over budget!

• mpmg46
    12 years ago

It looks gorgeous, Poohpup!

I don't have any suggestions for the backsplash...It seems you are headed in the right direction though. Something that will not take away from the granite. I love the first medallion. Where did you get it?

• poohpup
    Original Author
    12 years ago

A2gemini, I'll have to check out glass tiles next time I'm at the tile store. My first thought with glass is that it gives a modern vive. But I need to give it another look.

mpmg46, That pic is of a deco tile from United Tile. I don't recal who makes it as I haven't ordered tile yet and I don't have a sample of it. I can check next time I'm there.

Under cab lights are going in soon, maybe today! Fridge is being installed tomorrow. Big deal as it is a 48" SZ beast. Haven't to move around lots of furniture to make a clear path for the massive thing to get in place. Trim molding is being put on. I'm so thrilled with how things are turning out. Just keeps getting better and better. :)

• cj47
    12 years ago

Oh, WOW...that granite is so bold and so striking...and with your sinks and faucets...it's beyond gorgeous. And leathered, I love that finish. I usually reserve drooling for soapstone pictures, but this one has me reaching for a napkin! I'm useless with regard to picking tile, just popped in to swoon. :-) Can't wait to see more!

Cj

• sweeby
    12 years ago

I'd definitely agree about glass giving your space a more modern direction. I'm thinking black glass would also be very 'hard' visually -- another surface with a 'strong, masculine' bent. Is that something you want?

What direction DO you want to go in? (If it were me, I'd tip just a bit back to the 'softer and more feminine side' with a ceramic tile with a bit of a 'cushion' shape (handmade) and a color that's rich but not too dark. I'm thinking a simple 4x4 on a diagonal layout with a frame treatment over the range...

While I love the metal decos, I think they may add too much 'clutter' to an element that needs to be more 'background'. You've also got a lot of outlets in your splash -- so there will already be things there -- things you probably don't want to draw the eye to...

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

Pooh - it might be too much for your kitchen - but you won't find at the tile store. Check out some of the websites that I posted earlier in this blog.
    If you go tile - check out Heath - I really like their tiles- I think I mentioned above.

Also, I am jealous that you beautiful faucet is operational!! Hopefully, soon for us!!