SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

People w/ recessed lighting or sconces I really need your help.

User
13 years ago

AHhh I'm very frustrated with trying to figure out how to light up my basement hall.

I was going to use two or three wall sconces on the 20' wall on the right. Can't put a sconce on the other side because of the door locations.

The wattage in the half moon sconces is 100W ea. I can't picture how this is going to look in the hall. Light will be all on the one side shining up. ?

Then last night I thought three 6" recessed ceilings lights would be the way to go. We've never had any and don't know how much light they really give off etc.

I don't even know what all you need! Looking at Lowes and Home Depot websites isn't helping any. It appears you need the metal part that goes up plus the outside trim? Am I right?

Which do you think is the better option. We don't need it to be blinding but I don't want complete dungeon either. I need to have the lighting figured out for this in the next couple of days.

There are no windows in the basement. Floors will be Pergo brazilian cherry and walls will be something very light and creamy.

Help please.

So

Option #1 - sconces on the right. They're 14"W x 5.75"H x 4"Ext. - 2 (one on each end) or 3? I'll admit I don't really want these on the wall and would rather have the whole wall for art or photos.

Option #2 - (3) 6" recessed lights in the ceiling.

We'll be installing a drop ceiling and we can't just use a 2x4 florescent light because the duct work is in the way. There's room for the recessed lights though.

Recessed lighting? Yeeah, what goes with what?

http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Recessed-Lighting/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xgyZaqnr/h_d2/Navigation?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Here is a link that might be useful: bellacor sconce - sorry I couldn't save the photo

Comments (8)