SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judgeheyjude

Need help picking best company for painted white cabinets!

judgeheyjude
14 years ago

I recently completed a bathroom remodel with a CWP custom vanity in a dark wood finish with glaze that is exquisite. However, more recently the painted white cabinets I ordered came in from New River (subsidiary of CWP with same finishes) and the cabinets have a too glossy, almost plastic/laminate looking finish. My KD assured me that this is due to a heat treated varnishing process that is used to put a great seal on the paint, however as I am moving into the kitchen I know that the ultra glossy smooth finish just won't look right in my pre-war California bungalow kitchen. Currently I have painted cream cabinets and this keeps the vintage look I like. I suggested to her that we look at other cabinetry that could be painted on site, but she felt that it was difficult to control the dust on site which made for a much poorer finish that won't hold up as well over time. After reading through a great forum discussing a variety of cabinet companies and comparing value vs. quality vs. price, I wondered if I could get some recommendations from the Web for companies that do a superior white painted cabinet (in a regular or distressed finish) that looks like an authentic more matte finish?

Comments (2)