SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
km5tq

No backs on base cabinets

km5tq
14 years ago

Heeelp. I didn't realize that the base cabinets didn't have backs like the upper cabs. These were custom made and have been installed. I did not get to watch the installation because there was no room for me and my wheelchair while this was going on in the small galley style kitchen.

I didn't find out until my DH took some pictures of the installed cabinets. He has taken some pictures as they were being installed, but none of the pics showed the no back base pics until today.

I guess I'm ignorant, but I had no idea that anyone would build cabinets with no backs on them!

Actually, the cabinets are beautiful in appearance, but it is the unfinished backs that ruin it for me.

How do I solve this without taking all bases out and installing the backs? I'm afraid if he tries painting the wall behind the cabs to match, they will get paint on shelves or sides.

It was so frustrating to me not to be able to monitor what is going on during the installation. I'm not happy with the way the MW was installed either. My DH said the reason that it looked the way it does is because the kitchen wall was not straight. It looks like there must be a way around that kind of problem. My DH is getting grumpy because of my comments about this matter. He seems to think things are alright.

I feel like crying right now, but I know that would not really help. Remodeling the kitchen has been one of my toughest challenges since becoming home bound. I have always been involved in all aspects of things going on in the house. I couldn't have accomplished as much as I have without all of you wonderful GW friends!!

Comments (56)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!