SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
queenofmycastle0221

Island Makeup for a DIY

I started trying to explain my project but I got way to carried away. I tried to find the previous post where you all gave me great advice on my slow going fix up.

So here it is simplified:

1.) It can be a complete diy because I am going to paint it.

2.) It can't be no wider than 36".

3.) I have three bar stools that I love that are 21" wide with arms that are 35" of the floor so the counter has to be at least 36" high for them to push under.

4.) The kitchen has hardwoods so dh doesn't want a permanent fixture. I have already bought the locking wheels required.

5.) I need the function of storing my wide crockpot, digital pressure cooker, rice cooker, pizza maker, and toaster. I also have no pantry so my canned foods are in a base cabinet with no roll out.

6.) I am probably going with the jamocha laminate on the perimeter but don't know about island. I will post pictures tonight.

The deal of the day

The cabinet maker that built my former kitchen has a set of custom cabinets that can be incorporated into my kitchen for $200 for the cabinets. I will then have to choose a counter for it. The buyers house burned before he hd a chance to complete the work.

They include a 40" base cabinet that includes a 16" door and drawer and then a 24" opening that was intended for a dw, a 12" deep by 54" base cabinet that was intended to go under a bar, an 12" deep x 18" wide by 83" high utility/pantry cabinet, a 30" wide x 24" high x 24" deep wall cabinet.

I know obviously the utility cabinet won't be in the island but I do have space for it and I could truly use a pantry.

I know that I can put custom sized open shelves into the dw area for my electrical appliances but I would rather they were covered.

I can't figure out what size the counter would have to be if I used just the 1 base cabinet or if I put the 12" x 54" back to back with the base cabinet and then put the seating on one end.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Alicia

Comments (3)