SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Want to help me find a rug?

Sueb20
12 years ago

In the "one thing leads to another" category, in our old house, the ceiling in DD's room needs to be replaced before it falls down on her while she sleeps. This has turned into the addition of a wall of built-ins, repainting her room, and new bedding and rug. She is 10 and ready for a change from her pink room. She picked out the quilt shown in the link, and together we picked out a purple color for her walls (kind of similar to the purple pillow shown at the head of the bed in the picture, maybe a bit lighter). She has white wainscoting on the bottom half of her walls, so we can afford to go a bit bold on the upper wall color.

Anyway, I have been looking everywhere for a rug that will work with the new bedding. I don't want a primarily purple rug, since there will already be a lot of purple between the walls and the bedding. She likes green, and I think it would be great if I could find a rug in the bright green color that's in the bedding, but I can't seem to find the right green (I don't like the solid green one that Company Store has). I would also prefer that it not be a totally solid color -- too boring. Maybe a braided rug, but I can't find the right colors. We were going to do FLOR tiles (which is what she has now) but she'd like something a bit softer. The FLOR tiles we picked were perfect -- a dark purple, a bright green, and a bright pink. I may still go that route, but I'm still looking for the right rug. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for 5x8 or 6x9 or thereabouts.

Here is a link that might be useful: quilt

Comments (9)