SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Want to help me find dining chairs?

Sueb20
11 years ago

We are waiting for delivery of the Stickley table shown in the link. It's for our "dining room" which we rarely use for dining. It's a small room that we use mostly as a library. One wall has two large Stickley bookcases side by side. The table will be the same oak wood, and same dark finish, as the bookcases. Right now we have an old round table that the Stickley table will replace. On one side of the table we have a settee from Pottery Barn. Across from that, in a corner, is a smallish leather club chair. Finally, we also have two actual dining chairs that work okay now in our eclectic room, but I don't think they're going to work with the new table. However, I don't think I want Stickley chairs because for me, that will be too matchy. What I hope to find is dark oak dining chairs with an upholstered seat that I can maybe recover with my own fabric. Something that feels mission-esque so it "works" but isn't too matchy. I may be asking for too much, and might end up buying the matching chairs in the end, but (1) I hate to pay the price (we got the table on sale but the sale is over) and (2) I think something less matchy will be more interesting.

Any thoughts, suggestions? Room and Board had a couple of options but I'm not sure how their walnut wood finish will work with the table, and we don't have a R&B store nearby to look at them IRL.

Here is a link that might be useful: Table

Comments (3)