SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kgizo

Another realtor tried to show house without appointment?!

Kelly
11 years ago

We signed with a realtor and stated he could do a pocket listing for a week and then put the home in MLS. The home is pretty much ready, but we have pets we want out of the house prior to the house being active. We and the pets were gone last weekend so told our realtor it could be shown on Sat if he got any interest from his pocket list email. We had three showings. Today, Tues, my husband was working from home and noticed two cars pull up, and two people walk to the front door. He opens the door just as the woman is going for the lockbox. The guy saw the house on Sat, wanted to see it again and they assumed it was vacant. There is a "coming soon" sign with our realtor's info in the front yard. They did not contact our realtor prior to coming over today. I am horrified!!! How is it possible someone thinks they can just show up and walk into a house because they got the lockbox code days ago?! I question the buyer's realtor professionalism and wonder if it extends to her firm? I am thinking of requiring my realtor to be present anytime she wants to show it. I realize this is a pain to my realtor and may slow the sales process if she has the right buyer, but I am so uncomfortable I feel the need to put some controls in place. Or, would it be better to have my realtor change the lockbox code every Mon morning? I'm trying to come up with a solution to ensure this doesn't happen again. What do you think?

Comments (9)