SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

The Mother Daughter Banquet

The Mother Daughter banquet was very nice. My oldest daughter Cheryl picked me up a bit early and we went. She was not satisfied with the silverware on the tables and she changed it all to the proper way. It wasn't my idea, I thought well it is up to them to set it however they want. We had to get in line by tables and I was the first in line and the men served our food as we walked by. The food was really good. They had fixed cube steak with brown gravy, homemade mashed potatoes, green beans, cole slaw, a large biscuit, very good homemade cheese cakes, and to drink there was coffee, two kinds of iced tea, sweet and unsweet, and lemonade. There was enough we could have gone back for seconds, but we didn't.

After the meal we went upstairs and were entertained by 3 girls from a speech class from a local school, they all gave readings and that was entertaining. Then one of the little girl singers from our church sang, she is only about 6 or so. We have some very good girl singers at church. Then the minister and his two sons and little grandson entertained us with the song about the squirrel that got loose in some southern Baptist church and that went over really well, so funny. Preacher and sons all dressed in straw hats, overalls and barefooted.

They gave away some gifts. This year they read off of a list of things and if you had it, you won a prize. I won a gift because I was the only one wearing clip earrings! Nice little bag with several packages of flower seeds, a garden trowel and a pair of colorful gardening gloves.

Afterwards we went back down to the basement and helped clear the tables and put away the decorations.

It was an enjoyable evening.

Today we have cancelled our Mother's Day dinner because Amber is still not feeling well and they are still in the middle of getting their kitchen put back together from the re do.

I wish everyone out there a very nice Mother's Day.

Sue

Comments (3)