SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
april2929

Teen Girls, Shared Room - need advice

april2929
15 years ago

We are moving into a new house next month. DH and I have two girls ages 12 & 14 that are with us on the weekends (shared custody). This house has a daylight basement with a large family room and large bathroom that we plan to turn into their space. The family room will become their shared bedroom. I am looking for creative ways for two teens to share a room without actually dividing the room.

The 14 year old loves bright orange and purple. The 12 year old loves soft blues, greys & aquas. For some strange reason they both hate yellow, probably the only thing they agree on. I am willing to paint the walls any color if I can figure out what will work for both tastes. Maybe two walls orange and two walls blue-grey?

I have been thinking about a dorm-room look, but after reading recent posts about loft beds I won't do that. They will each have their own twin bed, desk, & armoire. They will have to share a computer. It is a big room, but how can they each have some privacy? And where will we put any of their friends if they have a sleepover? Would love to hear ideas or see photos. Thanks!

Comments (4)