SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jencjudd_gw

Overwhelmed with decisions--help appreciated

jencjudd
14 years ago

Well, we've begun the process of getting bids and talking to pool builders (some even came about because of recommendations from this board--thank you!!). Now, I'm overwhelmed with the conflict of information I've been getting, as well as really trying to decide what we'll ultimately be happy with, feature-wise, in our pool. We've never owned one before, so trying to anticipate what our family will love for years to come is very difficult!

First, a quick profile of our family--we have five kids, from infant to middle school, who love to swim and are active. I want them to have fun and be comfortable in the pool; I want the pool to "grow" with the kids, but most of all, I want it to be as safe as possible. Low maintenance would be a bonus, too. :)

So, here's what I don't know (and a warning--it's a lengthy list):

1) Salt or chlorine system? (With ozonator)

2) "Play" pool with no deep end, or diving well?

3) If we do a diving well, jump rock or traditional diving board?

4) Skinned concrete decking, or flagstone?

5) Slide or no slide?

6) PebbleTec or PebbleSheen? Or just plaster?

OK, the list could go on and on; I ought to stop there.

We have a decent backyard, so we have the space to do a bigger pool; however, I don't want to eat up the bulk of the yard with a pool, as I'd love more space for grassy play areas.

I have gotten differing views on so many of the above listed issues, that my head is swimming (no pun intended). If some of you have sage advice to offer on any of these, I'd be so appreciative!

Comments (8)