SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
houseful_gw

Butler's Pantry Decision Help Needed Quickly - Pics Included

houseful
12 years ago

First, I'll say that things are moving quickly and I am having granite installed either tomorrow or Friday. This is why I installed the base cabinets first, to make sure they were ready. I would like to get the uppers in, if I can, tomorrow before granite comes so I don't risk chipping the granite with tools. I know cardboard helps, but you never can be too careful.

Anyway, the uppers here consist of one 24" double glass door in the center flanked by two 9" cabs with no glass. There will be crown molding and light rail. I really want to stagger the center cabinet forward, but I am not sure if this space is too small. It's only 42" so I don't want it to be too busy. I do love the staggered look and am hoping you'll give your approval.

If I do stagger them, should I set the middle one up enough to have the crown sit flush with the ceiling? That would make this cabinet sit about 26" above the countertop. It's for wine glasses and then some decorative items, so I really only need to reach the bottom shelf anyway. Would it look too high?

This is tough for me because I am not a decorator at all! I really appreciate the help!

Comments (12)