SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedgrad

New hanging planters - thanks for the advice

threedgrad
14 years ago

I did find coco lined hanging baskets at Big Lots today. The nearest Hobby Lobby is 20 miles away. I have never heard of the Christmas Tree Shoppe. But Big Lots was only a few miles away. I have to say that my rental house is located to close to SO many stores. In addition, I am not far from Scottsdale. I saw West Elm on Scottsdale Road yesterday. So thanks for the tip about where to buy the coco lined baskets. They were $6 each. Then I headed to Home Depot to purchase dirt and flowers and vine type plants. I did line the interior of the coco with plastic with some punched in holes. I watered thoroughly. These two planters face the south but there is a touch of shade especially in the late afternoon. We will have 100 degree temperatures this week, so I will let you know how often I will have to water them. I hung them relatively low so they can be watered easily.

The "bush" to right of planters is actually a tree but is often trimmed to use as a bush. I need to trim it again. I do like the shade and screening it produces within the house. Plus the finches perch on the branches while waiting their turn at the bird feeder. Oh, and I just saw a quail run out of there yesterday.

Thanks again.

Eileen

Comments (6)