SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, May 9, 2011

luckygardnr
12 years ago

I made this today and it was not only colorful, but delicious. You can use any colorful pasta, but I used the black and white striped. With the bright green of the asparagus, it was beautiful.

Shaved Asparagus Pasta Salad

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Start to Finish Time: 20 minutes

Product: Zebra Farfalle

Servings: 6-8

INGREDIENTS

3 tbsp White wine vinegar

2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice

2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil

1 tbsp Honey 15 mL

1 tbsp Shallot

About 1 lb Asparagus, trimmed and shaved, tips removed About

1 pkg Zebra Farfalle

Mixed greens

Shaved aged cheddar

DIRECTIONS

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (water should taste salty like sea water).

2. Make the vinaigrette.

3. Shave the asparagus using a vegetable peeler. Cut off the tips and add all asparagus to a large bowl. Toss about 1/3 cup of vinaigrette with shaved asparagus and rest for about 10 minutes

4. While asparagus is resting in the vinaigrette add the Zebra Farfalle to the boiling water, stirring often and cook for 1 minute less than the package directs � remembering to start the timer once the water comes back to a boil.

5. Once the pasta is cooked, drain in a colander and shake well to remove all the water. Let cool for 2-3 minutes and then add to the shaved asparagus. Toss until well combined.

6. Taste and add more vinaigrette as desired and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

7. Line a large white plate or bowl with mixed greens and pour salad over top. Garnish with shaved aged cheddar.

RECIPE NOTES

Add strips of prosciutto

Add cherry tomatoes

Add chopped hazelnuts or pecans or pine nuts

Add finely chopped red pepper

Replace aged cheddar with aged gouda, parmesan, pecorino or asiago

Replace mixed greens with arugula

Comments (4)