SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, April 9, 2011

13 years ago

Grilled Caprese Sandwich

LifeâÂÂs Ambrosia

The ingredients are so simple yet so amazingly delicious I wanted to make sure that each ingredient shined. I precisely sliced the tomatoes. I carefully tore the basil leaves so not to bruise them. I toasted the bread first and rubbed it with a little garlic before layering the ingredients together one by one. Then, I sat there and watched it cook. As the bread became more golden and the cheese began to melt. I knew it was time. I removed the sandwich from the pan, cut it in half and drizzled it with a little balsamic vinegar. Then I took a bite and said the following thing, âÂÂthat is one heck of a grilled cheese sandwichâÂÂ

Serves 2

You will need:

1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil

4 slices rustic bread

1 clove garlic

6 tomato slices

8 slices fresh mozzarella

6 basil leaves

balsamic vinegar

Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.

Cook the bread until slightly toasted. Remove from the skillet and rub garlic clove over the toast.

Layer 3 tomato slices, 4 mozzarella slices and 3 basil leaves per sandwich. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.

Add remaining oil to the skillet and cook sandwich until both sides are golden and cheese is melted. Remove from skillet, drizzle with a little more balsamic and serve immediately.

Enjoy!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company