SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina171

Renovation starts tomorrow!!! Majestic Plum PebbleTec!

gina171
15 years ago

I want to say thanks for all the help and encouragement I have gotten here, and an especially big thanks to natural_one and cant_wait_to_swim, who both were kind enough to post photos of PebbleTec pools in the Majestic Plum finish.

We decided to go with Majestic Plum, and the renovation starts tomorrow, I can hardly believe it! I saw one pool with Maj. Plum in person, and liked it a lot, especially enjoyed that it was different than most other pools, but was really worried about choosing a color that was so...underused. Only one home in metro Atlanta for me to see, WOW! Around here EVERYONE does Tahoe Blue, and while it's a really nice color (our 2nd choice) we just wanted something different (plus we love the way the Majestic Plum water shows up in a cooler, icier teal in the deep end, no warm undertones). In fact, I work in real estate, and did a listing search for homes with PebbleTec pools...out of 36 pools on my search, 32 were Tahoe Blue. Wow! Talk about market dominance!

Anyway, starting tomorrow (the 7th) the pool gets emptied, pool deck gets powerwashed and sealed, the pool tile gets removed and replaced, and...I imagine they'll be doing all sorts of messy prep in there. Plus at noon I head to the stoneyard to pick my flagstone for the new coping, and that gets installed. On the 16th and 17th, it's Pebbletec. Really fast, and I can't wait!

I will post photos once we're into this, and again thanks so much to those who were kind enough to post photos and opinions (positive and negative, I appreciated it all) of this VERY underused PebbleTec color! Hopefully seeing more photos of this will help other folks to take the plunge and not panic when they see that purple plaster sample (NO, it does NOT make the water purple!) The plaster is purple, which makes all the undertones in the water cool colors (not warm colors) AND it is the prettiest, most natural stone color mic of any of the PebbleTecs...looks like riverrock. :-)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996