SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosepetal2

terrible day at work yesterday

rosepetal2
12 years ago

yesterday my best friend from work was taken away in an ambulance. She seemed to be fine during the day, we were laughing and joking around. We work together in a large garden center, it was a slow day, I was trying to keep busy in giftware and clothing, Marg and her daughter Rach were checking in merchandise at the register area. I went up to the registers about 2 to see if any more goods had come in to be checked in and unpacked and we joked that it was so slow we were losing the will to live. I went back to the clothing dept to clean (look busy) when I went back up to the checkout around 2:45 (I was scheduled on the registers at 3) Marg was sitting in a chair with Rach beside her holding her hand and the first aid lady (Karen) on the other side and the bosses wife sitting in front of her. She looked very pale and I found out she was having a "spell" with chest pains and an ambulance had been called. I went over to see if there was anything I could do to help and her arms went really stiff, about that time the ambulance arrived and Karen told me to tell them to hurry so I ran out the front door to get them. As I was coming back inside I saw Marg's whole body go stiff. The EMT came stolling in like he was walking in the park which really pi$$ed me off. We went back to serving customers as they took her to the ambulance and Rach to the office. They worked on Marg for about 15 min in the ambulance (we could see it "shaking" so we figured they were doing CPR or using the paddles on her. They finally let Rach come out and ride to the hosp with her. I'm certain they took her to the hosp where her husband died of cancer 4 years ago and she hates that hosp. We hadn't heard anything about her condition when I got off work at 6. I'm off today and I told the boss I will call in to see if they have heard anything. I'm scared to make that call in an hour. She is such a sweet lady, 6 months younger than me and due to be a first time grandma in a few weeks. Please keep Marg in your thoughts and prayers. I just don't have a good feeling that I'll hear positive news. We lost another co worker that we were both close to 2 years ago to cancer. I just feel sick and havn't been able to sleep dreading this call.

Diane

Comments (19)