SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jan_in_wisconsin

Woven Wood Shades and Decorating Style

jan_in_wisconsin
10 years ago

We're in need for some woven wood shades in our now spare room and eventual office.

I have looked at some from Bali and Levolor, as well as Home Decorators. But, I'm stumped on determining what works with our decorating style, which is French Country/Traditional, and also some French Country Farmhouse.

The paint color is Wilmington Tan, and the woodwork is a creamy white. The floor are carpeted in a golden shade.

I learned that custom shades are much more pricey, of course, than ready made, and the JCPenney associate told me the ready mades are also much lower in quality than the custom. But, the custom could run us in the $300 range per shade, and we need two of them.

Not to mention . . . down the road, we need some of these in our living room, which has nine windows. Yikes!

So, I could really use some all-around advice on:

*Style choice that fits decorating style.
*Inside mount or outside mount?
*Both windows are connected, so do we get two or one large one? This may relate to mounting choice as well.
*Does this room's shade choice need to match the future living room choice? The wall color and carpet are the same as the living room, but the office is upstairs, and the living room is downstairs.
*Sources/brands for purchasing.

Thanks so much for any help you may have.

Jan

Comments (6)