SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtymartini_gw

window trmnts for frch doors-woven wood blinds + sheer panels?pic

dirtymartini
14 years ago

Hey! Check out my french door (only one door, wish it were two) and two side panes (or whatever they are called...lights? Not sure) that lead to the pool area. We don't have anyone directly behind, but still want some privacy. All this time, I thought I would eventually get 4 panels (two on either side) with a rod across the top...the usual look.

Now I am thinking...what about bamboo or woven wood blinds on each pane (so three total) and then something sheer and floaty as the panels? I could do 2 on each side, as originally planned....or maybe 3 that all go to one side? Is that tacky or "wrong?"

I originally did not want anything sheer as I wanted total privacy, but I figured with the woven wood plus the sheer, that would give me the privacy I would need.

My main question is...will bamboo or woven wood shades roll ALL THE WAY up? I don't want to lose not even one ince of my view at the top. I am not sure if there is enough room at the top of these doors for the blinds to roll up on. Tell me what you think, and also what you think of my WT idea in general. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (15)