SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drbeanie2000_gw

Any joy or misery in my future if I switch the DW/trash pullouts

drbeanie2000
12 years ago

Currently, there are several drawers in the island that have been tagged as "dish systems." There are the same nunmber of dreawers in the "peninsula," but all four locations ssem the same to me; that is, interchangeable.

Sink under center of windows, DW to right of window, trashpullouts next to sink on other side - makes sense, right?

But now turn your attention to the placement of the DW next to the end of that run, making it very difficult to emtpty the diswhaster over there to its right. My rental house has precisely this scenario, and it really kind of annnoying. Not earth-shattering awful, but I would like to ty to avoid this corner disphwasher problem in our new house.

If we swapped the DW and trash pullouts, the DW would be more easily loaded/unoaded from both sides. And I could then use the peinsula drawers for the dishes from the dishwasher. They're are handy for both of the adjacent rooms next door - DR and "nook."

Can anyone run their lynx eyes trough this and see if swapping DW and Trash Pullouts will instantly uncover oodles more layout nightmares!!!

THANKS

bean

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths