SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorifromutah

'One Hand in the Riggin' Photos (Photo Heavy)

LorifromUtah
15 years ago

It is amazing how a day, at home, ignoring all domestic chores, can produce so many pictures and words!

I've been blogging on MySpace for a year and it's addictive.

I love it and I have a loyal readership of two...three if you count duckie but she's missing from MySpace more than she is from the KT.

My MySpace URL is below if you'd like to follow my ramblings.

It's a private page but if I recognize your name I will let you in. Or, email me through my page here and let me know you asked to join. Making a myspace page is easy and safe. Just make sure you change your password frequently and mark you board 'private'.

Here is a little of today's ramblings:

Quite awhile ago I submitted some photos to Brenn Hill's website...

Brenn Hill Dot Com

For his CowPixs Page.

On Hill's first CD he recorded a song, The Greys River Road.

When I sent the CowPixs photos I asked how he was connected with Greys River. My family registered the first brand on the Little Greys River Grazing Association close to a hundred years ago and I was curious what Hill's interest was. He said 'Greys River is hallowed ground' and said he'd tell me later why he thinks this. Then he asked for some Greys River photos (for a newsletter or something) and said he could use a good 'one hand in the riggin' photo.

It's taken awhile (like four months) but last weekend in Oakley I finally got some 'one hand in the riggin' shots I liked well enough to send to Hill. (NOTE: Brenn Hill is a cowboy entertainer from Utah. He wrote and recorded the rodeo song 'One Hand in the Riggin'. This is why he wants a photo of 'one hand in the riggin'. A riggin is the point of contact between a bareback rider and bucking horse at a rodeo.)

Hill hasn't seen the photos yet (I use the 'your email has been opened' featured on Outlook Express and I haven't gotten a receipt from him) so basically, you lucky folks are the first to see these pictures.

What Hill has in mind for them or if he'll even bother to let me know what he thinks is neither here nor there.

What IS here and there is that I got them and I like them.

And I hope you do too.

I did some photo-shopping.

In most of my photos the bright, super color saturated technique is the best. But in this case, I like the softer faded look. The Photo Shop technique strips most of the color out of the photo, leaving just a little bit and makes the rosin stand out, emphasizing the cracks and wrinkles in the gloves, the faded jeans and the scratches on the riggin. It also brings out the creases in the chaps as well as mane hair.

Okay.

Enough technical talk.

Here they are...all of them.

Yes.

Some are duplicated. That is to show you the different color effects. Let me know what you like the best...or what you don't like..

Enjoy!!!

Okay, this isn't a hand. And it's not in the riggin. But I liked what I saw and like what the camera captured.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cornia Photography MySpace

Comments (15)