SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

March Quilting/Sewing Goals

I don't know about all of you, but I'm really pleased with how the monthly goals are working for me. It helps keep me focused on some things I want to work on that I wouldn't remember if they weren't written down. So, here is what I have for this month:

UFO/WIP

MarthaÂs backing

Pink D9P - Border

Applique in A Day #5

Work on Charms on Point

Borders on Boston Terrier

Row by Row

New:

Get fabric for R/W/B

2 BD blocks

Chunky Blocks together & border

Chrissy's D9P blocks

Sunbonnet SueBelle block?

SharonG/FL

Comments (48)

• anitastitch
    15 years ago

I like the monthly goal idea also--although, I think I need to be realistic about them, so that I don't get mad at myself for not meeting my goal.
    So here goes. . .
    UFO/WIP: I have so many, so I'll just go with one, which is to begin hand quilting my Irish Chain Cowboy quilt top. (before the baby who I pieced it for begins college!)
    New: A sample baby quilt for a class I'm teaching--which is a goal I MUST meet.
    And, to keep my sewing/dining area neat. I think I get more done when I can actually see my sewing machine.
    So that's March for me! Good luck to all you other goal keepers, or semi keepers.

• jackier123
    15 years ago

I was just looking, and I actually did complete all of my February quilting goals! For March:

1. Go to Pigeon Forge Mountain Quiltfest! I will be spending from the 8th to the 15th there!
    2. While there, I will be taking a landscape quilt class and a hand applique class.
    3. I am taking a kit with me that I have already cut for a bear-paw quilt. I want to get the blocks all pieced while I am there and then complete the top by the end of the Month.
    4. Work on a huge paper pieced eagle quilt that I am making for my husband. I have set a goal of having it complete by his birthday in July.
    5. Cut out and serge a fleece throw for a friend's new baby.
    6. Complete March House BOM

• Related Discussions

February Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (42)
    Ok gals, we have a few days left in February to work on our goals. Next month we'll have 3 more days so start thinking about the next list of goals. Great going, Salijo!!! I am so proud of you! love2quilt, Good job on making and surpassing your goal list! I think you need to add to it next month. *smile* Bonnie, As I find bits and pieces or even little blocks already made up from when just playing around, I now think "CRUMBS" woooohoooo You think your dog will know the pillow is not a toy after you cover it??? You're fortunate to live close enough to your mother for visiting. Give her an extra hug from me the next time you see her. My UFO's are sadly neglected, but I have at least one thing done on my list and might be able to start another. I hope to have 6 things done on my New list by the end of the week and have completed a Comfort Winnie quilt (32"X45") and also a Bunnies and Bears (45"X58") quilt for great-granddaughter that weren't on my list...pic's in the Gallery. SharonG/FL
    ...See More

March 2013 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (17)
    Donna, I didn't take it that you were complaining about your mom. It's just that I understand as I've been through it, too. We let her handle things as long as possible, but the month she added her SS in twice and I asked her why, she said she needed more money....I was balancing her ckbk and then decided she couldn't write cks anymore if she was going to do that. Wish it was as easy as just writing in a deposit! Great job on getting to goal #4! Calliope, You know we'll want to see the dress when you've completed it. When I think of wool quilts, all I can visualize is the heavy wool that coats are made of. I know there is wool fabric that is softer and not as thick, but since I've never looked for it and I've never sewn with it, your quilt will be something new for me. Geraldine, Things are still fuzzy, but they seem to be the same from day to day, so maybe my eye has stablized. Will have to wait another month for dr appt. What sweet thoughts you have while sewing. Your very own sewing bee....I think I'd smile, too! :-) Wow, Sue, Just look at all you've done this month!! Great idea for the 25% off coupon.....I probably should, too, but don't think I will. Theresa, You have a valid reason for not spending a lot of time at your sewing machine. We all do the same thing when family comes for a visit and expect it. Family always has priority. You'll probably pass me up in April. lol Happy Spring, Lois!! LOL Probably feels like you live in the Arctic with all that snow and ice. You think your spring bulbs are underneath all that snow trying to push it out of the way??? You're right though....more quilting time than you thought you'd have. You all get a star!
    ...See More

March Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (41)
    I am in awe of the miniatures! Wow ~~~ ms meow - I imagine these take much patience and a steady hand to work on these. I just reread my March 14th post - didn't even think I posted in March goals- good thing, because I was thinking I did not accomplish goals - but I did way more sewing than I thought I did! Yippee - In addition I also: Made April's B'day block - need to mail. I made 2 D9P Tops (is that the correct reference?): Qof V - needs border - I found an appropriate, soft backing - bought it and got it washed. The other D9P for a little girl (great niece) also needs border. I see why the D9P are the go - to for fast tops. I spent more time shopping for the fabric than actual sewing. I also used both these 'oh so easy tops' to use the tips I read in Sally Collins' book on Precision Piecing - the simplicity and basic D9P are perfect to practice her techniques & tips and establish good habits for perfect matching and points. Yes - perfection is always a goal for me - makes me happy :) I really want to explore the different layouts (Sharon - a long time ago, I bookmarked your Butterfly D9P before I 'knew' you - I was cleaning up my bookmarks /computer and opened your pic & album & thought this all looks familiar ~LOL~ and it was yours!! I said outloud "I know her!!!! DH is saying Who? what are you talking about???) I still have tomorrow to make March's BOM -PP .....maybe - I have 2 sections made, if not - it is like housework it will wait for me~LOL
    ...See More

April 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (21)
    My goal this month is to finish "big red" and get it off to the LAQ. It's raining today, so I'm going to try to get it done. Then I have to put sashing and borders on a first anniversary quilt for my friend and her wife. They have been a devoted couple for 25 years and were finally able to marry last year. Their wedding color was purple, so this quilt has Hawaiian floral patterned 10"x10" squares with purple sashing and a beautiful purple batik backing. Oh, and the April lotto block. All that, along with spring yard and boat work, should keep me busy in the time remaining in April.
    ...See More
  • salijo
    15 years ago

1. One birthday block
    2. 1 or 2 lotto blocks
    3. Finish washing all my fabrics for stashing...since I'm new, it's not like a truckload or anything.
    4. Decide on a pattern for an April birthday block...maybe make it.
    5. Begin and organize a notebook of birthday block participants (Bobbin Babes) along with photos of blocks I've sent and received. Hopefully everyone will post photos of all their blocks...I might add those to it also.

Salijo

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

I too like the monthly goal idea. It helps keep me organized and focused and seeing what everyone else is doing keeps me inspired. My husband is taking a weeks vacation this first week of March and we are doing spring cleaning and such in the house and yard (we live in San Antonio) so don't know how much sewing i will get done this week but here are my goals for the rest of the month.

1. Finish making pinwheel blocks for king size quilt and piece together top.
    2. Make BOM #2 I Believe in Angels
    3. Make small spring wall hanging
    4. Applique Block #5 of Piecemakers wallhanging
    5. Buy and cut out fabric for a kitty/puppy quilt for granddaughter.

Bev

• solstice98
    15 years ago

I'm almost finished with the wedding gift quilt I started last month. It turned out kind of odd but interesting. I'm not sure I like it although I loved some of the fabric pieces in it. But DH Jim likes it and it's for one of his co-workers so I'm OK with it. I've got until the 14th to get it done and may be sewing the binding on during the drive up to Jacksonville for the wedding!

Other than that I've got only 1 birthday block to do this month. I still have the koi wall hanging to finish too. It's been 'almost done' since January but I always seem to have something else with a higher priority. One more month and it will officially be a UFO.

I've got too much work-related travel in March to plan on anything else getting done.

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm glad this monthly listing is helping the rest of you, too.

Bev, If you're working outside, I hope it's warmer where you are than where I am. It's forecasted to be 32* tomorrow and we're supposed to have a tree taken down.

Salijo, It's definitely a good idea to take pictures of your blocks. Good girl!

Jacke, You go girl!!!! Congratz for completing everything on your Feb list!!! You are going to have a ball the week at the Quilt-Fest!!!! Looking forward to seeing the eagle wallhanging.

Anita, Your comments about completing the Irish Chain Cowboy before he starts college reminded me that I started to knit a blanket for my oldest grandson before he was born and it's about half done. He was 29 in January!

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kate, You posted while I was daydreaming during my post. Actually, I'm watching the race. You have your March list all decided, so you're good to go! Don't forget to let us see the wallhanging, please. @:)

SharonG/FL

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

I'm ready for the new month! I've gotten more done than I could have imagined the last two months, even with my late February start. Setting goals really works.

From last month:
    1. Finish putting borders on older Lover's Knot top.
    2. Take apart a duvet cover to rescue another Lover's Knot top - and prepare the top for quilting - adding new borders if necessary.

New goals for March:
    1. Quilt bear paw top
    2. Quilt large penguin top
    3. Quilt small penguin top
    4. Make at least 30 crumb blocks
    5. Make March lotto blocks
    6. Make a thread catcher/pin cushion. (I've made several for gifts, but don't have one myself.)
    7. Continue sorting scraps by strip width and color. It's amazing how many two and a half inch strips I have from all of the Eleanor Burns strip quilts I made in the 90's.

I think I've listed enough to keep me busy this month. Meanwhile, Sharon, I'm dying to see your Boston terrier quilt.

Bonnie

• polardream
    15 years ago

1.Ordered backing fabric for qs quilt
    2.2 blocks handquilted on qs ufo (maybe more ... 2 weeks until spring break)!
    3.sandwich piecemakers bd blocks from last year
    4. more practice on FM quilting (I have a real problem with the whole freemotion part of this ... it seems too random for me! - maybe I need to draw a pattern out???
    5. Get healthy - I've been out sick from school this past week.
    Thanks for keeping this posting going!
    Sue

• aezarien
    15 years ago

I would just be happy to finish the two twin size quilts I am working on for my girls. I started Patchwork Posies from freepatterns.com in January but opted to turn them into twin size and blanket stitch around all of the flower pieces. I finished the middle part of the top Friday and managed to get the stitching done on the blooms. Now I need to:

Put the borders on the tops
    Blanket stitch around the leaves
    Blanket stitch the flowers to the quilt tops

and

finish with layering, quilting, yadda, yadda...

After that, it's hard to tell what I will get into after spring starts. It's hard to get me out of the yard unless it rains and then I usually need to clean my house!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bonnie, I hope to get the borders on the Boston Terrier this month. I'm not sure about the second border, so will have to wait and see if it looks good. Pictures will be coming.

Sue, You can spend Spring Break resting and gaining back your energy by sitting and handquilting the whole 2 weeks!

aezarien, That pattern is really cute! We're supposed to clean house? There really isn't a Housecleaning Fairy????

Sharon

• day2day
    15 years ago

I'm going to jump in here this month to see if it helps me make headway. Thanks for posting it,Sharon. I didn't post goals for February but got a lot done once I started, which wasn't until later in the month.

WIPs
    Finish 3 DNP tops. I have the 9-patch blocks done for all 3tops --just need to cut and sew.
    Get a start on piecing a snowball variation top. All the alternate blocks are done--need to get the 100 corner pieces sewn on and trimmed. As I trim I will be doing the HSTs units from the trimmed pieces. (I'm tired!!)
    Start sewing together my "Warm Wishes' blocks-they're cut out and ready to go.

NEW
    Nada. I'm already in over my head!!!

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

I'm not sure how I did on February, but here I stand for March.

1. I've already gotten a snowman wall hanging ready for binding this weekend, so I'll bind that.

2. I've also gotten a Valentine's wallhanging top done (last night & today), I need backing for that and quilting/binding.

3. Load a quilt top that I hate on the frame and perhaps start quilting that practicing ruler work. This will go to charity.

4. Buy fabrics for my twin wallhangings.

5. BOM block for guild.

6. Once I get my shirts in the mail, make the shirt-jacket pattern I got at the show.

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Everyone is so busy! I'm still working on Feb's. Now my silly machine is not stitching evenly. It does really short, then long stitches. So back to the shop it's going. So frustrating and I am getting behind in my birthday blocks. Wonder if I can talk DH into a new machine ...

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

day2day, Doesn't the D9P go pretty quick? I have 2 of them waiting for borders. One of the fav quilts I made is using the Warm Wishes pattern. Maybe you can sew your corner pieces on as leader and enders.

Jennifer, You're a go-getter!

Awwww Beverly! I'm sorry about your machine....that's the pits. On the other hand, this should show Tim you do need a new machine and should probably get one soon. He should know you need a back up machine!!!

Sharon

• fran1523
    15 years ago

I'm working on a problem quilt right now...the back is full folds and puckers, but I am soldiering on and hope to get it quilted and bound this month. I also have a baby quilt made of batiks that I would like to finish this month. I'm also going to Florida for a week so that will probably do it.

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Sharon, I am afraid if I get a new machine I will have to do it on my own. This is the machine he got me 2 years ago to replace the OLD plastic Singer. Don't know what it is, I'm going to take it to a different shop and see what they say. Just in case it is the shop and not the machine.

Have fun in Florida, Fran.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

How's everyone doing?

Beverly, Don't you think repair shops should have machines for us to use while ours is being worked on? They do that for vehicles!

Fran, Enjoy Florida! In our area, it's supposed to be in the 80's this week-end!!!!!! woooohooooo

For some reason, I don't feel like I'm going gangbusters this month! Maybe it's because it's been cold. Anyway, I do have the backing on Martha's (SIL) Kitty Panel and am machine quilting around the kitties, the 2 BD blocks are done, the 9th Sunbonnet SueBelle is ready to applique, Chrissy's D9P is ready for backing and 2 hearts and 2 leaves are done on the 5th Applique in A Day. After I get this block done, I might put this project away for awhile as I really want to do a Baltimore Bliss block! (making more UFO's)

Sharon

• day2day
    15 years ago

Making progress. Got the corners done on the snowball blocks and those pesky HSTs done and trimmed. Got 6 rows of one of the D9P done. I put a binding on a quilt I made way-back- ---still have to hand-turn it to the back-- and I made a small baby top-so I did good. Hoping to keep it up. Will check in next Sunday. This post is helping me stay on track-so far anyway--thanks Sharon, for posting it.
    {{!gwi}}
    Which of the top 2 blocks do you like-with or without the gold? Can't decide which to do.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• calliope
    15 years ago

Oh Gosh, March is one of my busiest months in the g'houses.......so I am not setting new goals this month. You can prolly just slap last month's goals on my list and go with it. LOL.

I did get my March Lotto blocks done in February and out of the way, thanks to the early posting of the pattern. I have one to finish the border row on and it's 1/4 done. It would be nice to complete it, as I would like to be using it on the daybed in the living room for summer and put the winter weight puff quilt away. If I get any goals done this month, it'll be to finish off two WIPs tops, and get a finished top sandwiched and quilted.

I have a pattern I really, really want to start. It's really unusual and I am fighting jumping in there until I get some of my UFOs done, but I'll bet I start it anyway. LOL.

• anitastitch
    15 years ago

I have a goal update! My baby quilt for my class is just about finished, my sewing area is neat, but after reading what Sharon G/FL wrote. . .

"Anita, Your comments about completing the Irish Chain Cowboy before he starts college reminded me that I started to knit a blanket for my oldest grandson before he was born and it's about half done. He was 29 in January!"

. . .I feel a little better about still not basting that Cow Boy quilt--but I'll get there!

Hope everyone else is doing ok with the March goals!

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

I've made pretty good progress so far this month.

1. The borders are finished on the older Lover's Knot top.
    2. The small penguin top is quilted and off the frame - ready for binding and a label.
    3. I'm on track with my crumb blocks - eight done - about fifty more in various stages of construction.
    4. March lotto blocks are ready to mail
    5. I made two pincushion/thread catchers - one for my sewing table and one for the end of the ironing board.

All in all, it's been a good first week.

Bonnie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

day2day...sorry can't really help you with your decision of which block to use. I think any of them are ok. Great Snowball blocks!!!

Calliope, If you get any quilting done this month, with as many hours as it takes in a greenhouse at this time of year, you'll be doing good!

Anita, I can probably help you not feel so guilty about a lot of things!

Bonnie, I couldn't help it, had to chuckle about your crumb blocks. I'm right with you, sistah!

Beverly, Anything new about your machine???

Hope we all have a great quilty week!

Sharon

• day2day
    15 years ago

Sharon, of the top 2 blocks, I think I'm going to do the one with the gold as the second D9P and I'll do the one with green for the 3rd.

Didn't do any sewing yesterday-went to my hometown to visit my Mom's grave and make contact with my sister and my 2 unmarried brothers.I want to stay in touch with family more than ever.

Happy Quilting!!!!

~Geraldine

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

Well, my husband's week off is over and he is back to work leaving me to my quilting again. I did manage to get one of my Piecemakers blocks appliqued while he was off but yesterday after doing the housework, I managed to piece 9 pinwheel blocks and prepped my BOM (I Believe in Angels). am heading to the sewing room right now to work on more pinwheel blocks (only need about 30 more).
    Bev in San Antonio

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Here's where I stand now.....

1. I've already gotten a snowman wall hanging ready for binding this weekend, so I'll bind that. DONE

2. I've also gotten a Valentine's wallhanging top done (last night & today), I need backing for that and quilting/binding. DONE

3. Load a quilt top that I hate on the frame and perhaps start quilting that practicing ruler work. This will go to charity.

4. Buy fabrics for my twin wallhangings. SOME BOUGHT

5. BOM block for guild. NOW HAVE 2 TO DO!

6. Once I get my shirts in the mail, make the shirt-jacket pattern I got at the show. NOT IN YET

ADDED: yellow/blue ribbon star wallhanging READY FOR QUILTING

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Geraldine, Family definitely comes before quilting. I think it's important to stay in touch with our siblings the best we can.

Bev, Pinwheels go fast so you'll have them done in no time!

What was I thinking!!!!!! I started 2 more quilts!!!! and they weren't on my list...well the R/W/B one is but I didn't list to cut it out and sew it up! Tomorrow, I really have to do at least one border!

Sharon

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jennifer, As usual, my mind was elsewhere while responding and you posted without me knowing it. You are going gang-busters on your list!!!!! woooohooooo

Sharon

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Mid month update:

UFO/WIP
    MarthaÂs backing - DONE
    Pink D9P/Border - DONE
    Applique in A Day #5 - have worked on
    Work on Charms on Point
    Borders on Boston Terrier
    Row by Row/border

New:
    Get fabric R/W/B - have cut out and almost sewn together
    2 BD blocks - DONE
    Chunky Blocks together & border - DONE
    Chrissy's D9P blocks - DONE
    Sunbonnet SueBelle block - haven't worked on yet

Plus a few crumbs, a lot of HST for a blue/beige top and 5 comfort blocks.

Sharon

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

I'm back! My puter crashed on the 5th and I've been off since then. DD is home and I'm using her laptop. I've ordered a new laptop and hope to get it by the end of the month. DD brought one of their extra 'puters for me to use until my old one is fixed.
    Anyhoo...I have been sewing on the DWR and have all the blocks done and 9 of them sewn together. I am going to put them together in 12 block sections...6 sections for a total of 72 blocks.
    Linda OH

• day2day
    15 years ago

Well, I didn't work on my goals too much this past week. I did get 6 rows of the 'Warm Wishes' top put together.
    {{!gwi}}

I got the baby top quilted and delivered and started turning the binding to the back(by hand)on the other quilt-have one long side done. Neither of those was on my goals list. Hopefully, I'll get more done this week.

Sharon, do a group of you do comfort blocks and then make them into a quilt?

~Geraldine

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Linda, Isn't it amazing how much more quilting gets done when the computer is down?

Geraldine, We can't expect to get a lot done every week...we just keep chipping/sewing away and eventually it gets done. Comfort blocks are usually asked for when someone wants to make a quilt for someone going through a difficult time. Beverly made one for me from some heart blocks that were sent to her which I really love and appreciate. One forum that I know of has a couple girls in charge of just making quilts for breast cancer quilters on their forum. The tops are made ahead of time and then put together and personalized when needed. I think that's because so many are needed nowadays. So many people stepped up to the plate during our time with Raina, that I want to somehow, pass it forward as much as I can. We'll never be able to repay all the prayers and support we received, but maybe by doing what comes our way, we do what we can to help others.

Sharon

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

I have made a little bit of progress on my goals for this month but only very little. On Wednesday I fell and hurt my right foot and left knee and wrist. So just getting around in the house has been difficult. I did get all of my pinwheel blocks done and 3 rows put together before my fall but that is it for machine quilting and hand appliqueing is slow going. I take a few stitches and then have to rest my wrist. But that just goes to show how addicting quilting is - I still try to press on with it! I am now able to walk better and just tried using the machine foot peddle and can do it if I use just the very inside part of my foot. LOL So my plan for today is to try to put together the rest of the rows. Well, at least one more row. Since I can't do housework I have to do something, right?
    Bev in San Antonio

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

I didn't get a ton done last week, and this week is looking even slimmer. I'm still good with my crumb-a-day progress and I finally found wide backing for my larger penguin top. My bear paw top is on the frame and partially done. With any kind of luck, I'll at least finish that this month.

Bonnie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bev, Take care that you don't over-do and make things worse. Maybe appliqueing isn't the best thing for you to do right now with a hurt wrist. But, yes, quilting sure is addictive!

Bonnie, Good job on getting crumbs done every day. I saw a quilt recently that reminded me of Crazy Crumb Blocks and I think that's probably what a crazy quilt is with larger pieces and decorative stitching.

I haven't done any quilting for a few days. DH was gone all day on Tuesday so I moved some furniture around....as I was dragging a mattress from one room to another, I was thinking I probably should have waited til he was home so he could help me, but I was doing it while he was gone cause he probably wouldn't have wanted me doing what I was doing. Anyway, it's the way I want it now, but my back hurts and I haven't found a place for everything yet. Hoping to sit at the machine today though.

Sharon

• polardream
    15 years ago

Wow - this week has flown by with very little progress .... one week does not seem long enough for spring break!!! Many of my goals for this week were upset by having to take care of DS's puppy. It is 12 weeks old and I am having a hard time being a good "grandma" to a puppy. DS travels with his job & has been gone 4 weeks of the 6 he has had the dog. Sounds like something is wrong with this picture!!

Well ... with goals:
    1. I am finally feeling healthy - that was goal #1 (even though I listed it #6).
    2. I dropped quilt off at long-arm quilter (she needs about 3-4 weeks)
    3. I have 2 blocks handquilted on qs ufo and am hoping to get one or two more done.
    4. yikes -- still need to sandwich piecemakers bd blocks from last year
    5. more practice on FM quilting (I have a real problem with the whole freemotion part of this ... it seems too random for me! - maybe I need to draw a pattern out???
    6. Got 85 exams graded and 23 essays .... just need to post grades & lesson plan for next week (not quilting but still needs to get done)

7. started looking for new living room furniture .. but puppy ate a chunk out of the drywall & woodwork today so maybe not ...
    Sue :)

• day2day
    15 years ago

Made progress this past week. I got 1 of the D9P tops and the 'Not Quite Warm Wishes" top done-both are big size but I still may add a border-not sure about that yet. And wouldn't you know it-I started another quilt. I'm doing a framed square block using ball fabrics-soccer,baseball etc. It's for my nephew. I got most of the blocks completed.
    One more week in March. Soon it will be warmer and the snow will be gone( HOPEFULLY) so I'll be at the gardening, so I'll try to get a lot done in the next week or so. This post has really helped me this month- thanks again,Sharon.

Happy Quilting!!!

~Geraldine

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Here's where I stand now....Mid-Month Update
    1. I've already gotten a snowman wall hanging ready for binding this weekend, so I'll bind that. DONE

2. I've also gotten a Valentine's wallhanging top done (last night & today), I need backing for that and quilting/binding. DONE

3. Load a quilt top that I hate on the frame and perhaps start quilting that practicing ruler work. This will go to charity. FINALLY BOUGHT BATTING...that counts, doesn't it?

4. Buy fabrics for my twin wallhangings. SOME BOUGHT--no change

5. BOM block for guild. NOW HAVE 2 TO DO! --hopefully today, I have a meeting tonight!

6. Once I get my shirts in the mail, make the shirt-jacket pattern I got at the show. ABOUT 1/2WAY DONE

ADDED: yellow/blue ribbon star wallhanging DONE

ADDED: blue/white blocks for twin quilt. 16 were already done, 19 DONE on Saturday/Sunday. Maybe I'll get those together today too....

gotta run.....

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

I took a few days off from all quilting last week to give my hand and foot some healing time and it helped a lot. Since I still don't want to "overdo" I decided I would just quilt and forget the housework for this week. LOL I completed putting my pinwheel quilt top together last night and will get it sandwiched today and ready to be quilted. I also have about half of the applique done on the "I Believe In Angels" BOM so should be able to finish that by end of the month.
    Let's see - what else was on my list for this month? I finished the small spring wall hanging. Have not even thought about Block #5 for Piecemakers quilt so maybe next month. bought and washed and ironed fabric for GDs puppies/kittens quilt. So all in all, not doing too bad on my goals.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

You girls are putting me to shame! I really haven't worked on my list anymore since last week except for doing some on the applique block. The grandkids were here from Friday morning til Sunday afternoon and I had a medical test yesterday...the good news is, I feel physically stronger than I have in a long time, so hopefully I can put in a quilting marathon for a few days before the month ends.

Sue, Sorry you got drafted to care for the dog.

Geraldine, You're welcome, the list was basically so I wouldn't forget what I was supposed to be doing!

Jennifer, How you do all of that sewing with the little one around, I'll never know.

Bev, Glad you took time off to heal...you don't want to be doing any housework, I heard it makes a person ugly. *smile*

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Everyone has been so busy. I think I am all healed up, now allergies are setting in. I finished one more quilt and it is now in it's new home with Salijo. One more to go. Started working on it today, but family came from out of town and spent the afternoon. The machine is working pretty well as long as I sew very slowly. Not great, but works for now.

beverly

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

My goals were a little high this month, but I did get a bit done. There's always next month!!

Bonnie

From February
    1. Finish putting borders on older Lover's Knot top. DONE
    2. Take apart a duvet cover to rescue another Lover's Knot top - and prepare the top for quilting - adding new borders if necessary. Carrying over to April.

New goals for March:
    1. Quilt bear paw top DONE
    2. Quilt large penguin top Carrying over.
    3. Quilt small penguin top DONE, inc. binding and label.
    4. Make at least 30 crumb blocks DONE
    5. Make March lotto blocks DONE
    6. Make a thread catcher/pin cushion. (I've made several for gifts, but don't have one myself.) DONE - made 2.
    7. Continue sorting scraps by strip width and color. It's amazing how many two and a half inch strips I have from all of the Eleanor Burns strip quilts I made in the 90's.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good job, Beverly and Bonnie!

The only thing more I've done on my list is to work on the 5th Applique in a Day block. Plus some things that weren't on the list. Plus, I sorted my scraps so, hopefully, making crumbs and crazy crumbs will be easier.

Sharon

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's this month's accomplishments. Considering I lost a week, I guess it isn't too bad....
    MarthaÂs backing - DONE
    Pink D9P/Border - DONE
    Applique in A Day #5 - have done a lot!
    2 BD blocks - DONE
    Chunky Blocks together- DONE
    Chrissy's D9P blocks/border DONE

Not On List:
    Blue/Beige HST - 39 done 82 need trimming
    BOM Block
    Crazy Crumb Blocks
    5 Comfort Blocks
    25 blocks for swap

Ready for April?

SharonG/FL

• polardream
    15 years ago

Sharon,
    you put us th shame!
    I got 3 blocks handquilted on qs ufo so am carrying over loads more!
    Sue

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Well, I finished the month with:

snowman wallhanging done
    valentine's heart wallhanging done
    yellow/blue wallhanging done
    1 BOM done & turned in
    quilt top for a charity quilt done Will pass that off to someone else next week at guild for finishing

sweatshirt 1/2 done
    UFO top done 1st border cut, 2nd border dreamed up

batting is 'resting' before loading the practice top on the quilt frame ;)

Not a bad month! Have a list a mile long for April!!

• day2day
    15 years ago

Here's where I stand:

1. main part of D9P#1 done-still not sure if I'll add a border.
    2. Warm Wishes variation-main part of top done- still needs borders.
    3. snowball variation-main part of top done-still needs border.
    4. baby quilt made,quilted and delivered.
    5.binding put on a top that I made a long time ago.
    6.another quilt started-sports theme- blocks done.
    7.another small baby quilt top done,ready to quilt.

Seems like I worked mostly on things that I didn't have on my list, but it all counts so I'm happy with it.

~Geraldine

• salijo
    15 years ago

These were my goals....

1. One birthday block (finished)
    2. 1 or 2 lotto blocks (unfinished...I cut out pieces to make one. They were brights, mostly batiks with WOW as background. I decided to keep them and make a "WOW, That's Colorful" pineapple block quilt with it myself!)
    3. Finish washing all my fabrics for stashing...since I'm new, it's not like a truckload or anything. (washed some, purchased more, need to keep washing!)
    4. Decide on a pattern for an April birthday block...maybe make it. (This has been started, but can't finish until I wash one of the fabrics!)
    5. Begin and organize a notebook of birthday block participants (Bobbin Babes) along with photos of blocks I've sent and received. Hopefully everyone will post photos of all their blocks...I might add those to it also. (Started this, but won't be able to finish until the end of the year when everyone has gotten their blocks and hopefully will post photos)

Not too shabby for a slow, deliberate doer like me!
    Salijo