SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

February Quilting/Sewing Goals

I'm splitting mine up this month to see what's new and what are UFO's...

UFO's that are now a WIP:

1. Work on SallyÂs quilt border

2. Start quilting Charms on Point

3. Sew pinwheel blocks together for

Boston Terrier quilt

4. Finish sewing 3-D pinwheel blocks

5. Work on SBSbelle

New:

1. 2 BD Blocks

2. 2 Kitchen Towels (first Monday)

3. Applique hearts on pink D9P (Joyce BD)

4. Make practice bear

5. Quilt for 5 year old fire victim

6. Finish Car Quilt for 8 year old fire victim

7. Finish pink/purple little quilt (RMH)

8. Complete Prayer Squares (RMH)

Come on, ladies, let's see your new lists so we can cheer each other on through another month. And, we're not supposed to take any bets on how many we 'add' to our lists through the month, either, but it is allowable to add. @:) It's a 'feel-good' thing.....

SharonG/FL

Comments (42)

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Oh sure... make me think about what I had on my January list that I didn't get finished! LOL January didn't turn out to be the productive month I was hoping for.

I didn't finish much but I did buy some more fabric, so that was good. No, wait... maybe that was bad. Well, it felt good anyway.

In Feb I'm going to finish the quilting and binding on my koi pond panel, then I'm going to hang it either in the entryway outside my front door, or in the screened patio. Both spots are outside, but in covered, protected areas.

I have a couple birthday blocks to do in February and I hope to make a few more of the blocks for my own birthday quilt.

And lastly, I have a co-worker who just became a grandmother so I want to make a baby quilt for her. It was kind of a surprise baby, both for her and for her unmarried son so I think the good wishes will be appreciated!

Kate

• calliope
    15 years ago

The only real goal I have is to finish my spider web scrappy for a mid-February birthday gift. I just figured out how many pieces are in it, as I was sitting here typing this. Over one thousand seven hundred! LOL No wonder it is taking me so long to get the top done. I've had it on my do-to quilting list since I started quilting, and shall be glad to get it behind me and am pleased with the way it's turning out.

I do have one quilt top to finish hand quilting, worked on it last summer and put it back away. A double nine patch to sandwich and hand quilt. And a God's eye to make a border on and then sandwich and quilt. I'd also like to get started on the new quilt from this month's block Lotto I won. There weren't many blocks, so I have quite a few to made to add to the top, but they're lovely blocks and it should be really a very showy quilt.

I stopped mid-month to make a blouse for myself, and the last three days I have spent braiding rug coil then weaving it into a new seat for an old ladder back chair I have just painted. Neither of them are quilting, but still fabric oriented.

So, since my business shall be kicking in to gear in a week or two, I'll just try to get the spider web quilt done.

• Related Discussions

January Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (34)
    Winter weather is condusive to lots of quilting - too cold to be outside! I feel good about what I've done this month, but I'm sure to slough off once it gets nice out.So far, have all BB done Jan - Apr, Galaxy Stars done thro Sept BEST FRIENDS DONE THRU MAY; PATCHWORK PINES DONE THRU MARCH -2 Jan/Feb applique blocks done, need to mail MAILED -Jan lotto blocks,3 - done & mailed -13 blocks done of red/white stars (this uses up some leftover strips I've had for nearly 2yrs - yea!) FINISHED,QUILTED,BOUND,NOW ON END OF GUEST BED -wanted to make Val wallhanging, but when...? 1 SMALL DONE & HANGING IN KITCHEN; 1 LG ONE WAITING TO PUT ON THE LONGARM -need to bind & label baby quilt before Feb 9 OOPS:( -need to start & finish another baby qlt before Feb 17 OOPS AGAIN:( -finish selecting fabrics for a log cabin. 4 of my sewing friends & I are all making one from Judy Martin's last book we meet 1-2/wk & sew together ONE FRIEND IS IN FLA UNTIL MAR, WE DECIDED TO WAIT ON HER TO RETURN -my big goal for 2010 is to finish up as many WIPs as possible. I have nearly 30 projects started from previous classes where I helped students & didn't finish my own; & then had to move on to the next class & the same thing happened all over again! fortunately I had the sense to put all fabrics together to finish, borders, binding... BEGAN WORKING ON ONE, BUT THEN SLIPPED & STARTED A NEW ONE (COULDN'T HELP IT; SOME NEW FABRIC FROM MY LAST TRIP TO TENN WAS CALLING OUT TO ME!!) ~cindy
    ...See More

February 2014 quilting/sewing goals

Q

Comments (43)
    Looks like this blue and white double four-patch ain't gonna be done this month. I decided to machine tack it using the eyelet decorative stitch on the machine. It's coming along but it won't be bound by the 28th. I'm going to blame it on the short month. LOL! I am having a problem with the eyelet stitch sometimes not being perfectly round on all of them, but I'm not going to obsess over it or do something insane like rip them out and do them over again. I've tried different things to make it stop doing that but it's intermittent. I thought at first that it was the quilt being too taught under the foot and bunched it up and pulled the quilt up around the machine but that wasn't it. I also increased the foot pressure but that didn't help. So I'm just dealing with it. I've decided to use a pillow ticking binding on it, (blue and white) to go with the blue denim and white muslin I've used in the quilt.
    ...See More

February 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (12)
    Hi. In January, I did manage to get one big top quilted and bound. Feels good to have it all done. Two more big ones to go. (thought it was just one more...my mind is scrambled!). Hopefully,will get another full-size top quilted in February. That`s about it for me. We are painting throughout the house and everything is "ìn slings"......as my mom would say. It's unbelievable how much stuff you manage to accumulate. I will be sorting it and trashing some and donating a lot. We have clothes that we haven't worn in years. Some people would be so happy to have them, so why have them hanging in the closets gathering dust. I feel ashamed that I have kept them so long. Hope all have a productive February. ~Geraldine
    ...See More

February, 2016 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Q

Comments (10)
    My goal for February is just to get quilting. Today I finished piecing this child's quilt using Bonnie Hunter's Scappy Mountain Majesties pattern and one of the alternate settings. These are all scrap fabrics from other quilts I've made. I don't know whether I'll just bind it or add a border. I've got time to ponder it because I won't continue work on it until I get home in April. It's not my favorite, but then every one can't be. Now I have to get started on one of the other four I brought to Hawaii with me.
    ...See More
  • salijo
    15 years ago

Ok, for February I'm going to up my January goal of two birthday blocks to two birthday blocks and a February lotto block.
    Salijo

• polardream
    15 years ago

1.I added the border to January's queen-size & am going to meet with a long-arm quilter this week to see her work! WOOHOO.
    2. UFO-now WIP - border class quilt - add the last border & sandwich (bought the back fabric today)
    3. still want to get at least 1 block handquilted!
    NEW:
    4. prayer quilt for teacher I work with
    5. Finish March BD blocks
    seems ambitious but will give it a go!
    Sue

• jackier123
    15 years ago

Hopefully February will be a productive month for me!
    1. I want to finish machine quilting a baby quilt for a friend's daughter who is due in April.
    2. Do 2 Birthday blocks due in March
    3. Cut up a couple of kits to take with me to Pigeon Forge Quiltfest. I will be going up for the whole week and will have a few days to myself to sew.
    4. Gather supplies and package to take to Pigeon Forge for two classes that I will be attending.
    5. Finish my block for our guild's raffle quilt. It is sort of out of my comfort zone, so it may take some forcing on my part to get me to do it.

I guess I had better get started! I hope to spend most of the weekend working in my sewing room.

Jackie
    In TN where the weather is changing every minute!

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

Well, January was really productive for me. Which is good, since February won't be! lol I leave for a week in Florida in 11 days (with all 3 kids)! I am looking forward to seeing Gwen & Rob and maybe I'll have a chance to find a few quilt shops.

For February though, I will have a quilt label done for the quilt that needs to go to FLorida with me. And maybe when I get back I can sew the last dress for DD.

That's all I'm aiming for for February, but March...now that's another thing! LOL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kate, If buying fabric made you feel good, I'm glad you bought it! You don't have to finish everything on your list, it's just a guideline to work toward. No guilt!

Calliope, You have quite a quilt going there with all those pieces. I always enjoyed hand-quilting til old man Arthur Itis made my fingers hurt. If you've mentioned your business venture, I missed it. Fabric shop?????

Salijo, Sounds like you're at a poker game! lol

Sue, You can do it!!! I have found when I sit down to just work a little bit on something, next thing I know it's been an hour or so....I lose track of time, but then, nobody is calling my name, so it's ok.

Jackie, A whole week at a Quiltfest!!!! What fun you're going to have. Is your whole guild going? I find it's important to get out of our comfort zone once in awhile, but I don't like it either. You have changing weather???? lololol I think everyone is under the gun this winter.

Jennifer, If you're going to the Orlando area, there are some quilt shops there, but I've not been to them. Kissimmee is close by so check there, too. (Good luck with March) lol

SharonG/FL

• damascusannie
    15 years ago

Mine are exactly the same as my January. Things got seriously crazy here in January, culminating in my husband having to take a job in Texas, so I decided not to try to quilt. Instead, I've taken the month off to let my arms heal up (tendon damage in both arms from old injuries) and I've been knitting instead. On Monday, I start back up slowly, an hour to two of FM quilting in the morning, some piecing or applique the rest of the morning and then chores and other things in the afternoon. I'll gradually increase the amount of FM quilting until I can do it all morning, and piece in the afternoons again. But, it may all come to a halt if I end up moving to Galveston earlier than planned. The current plan is to move me at the end of March or first week in April, but that may be pushed forward depending on how Jeff's new job goes and his success finding a house.

• grammyp
    15 years ago

I have 2 more comfort quilts to finish, and gotta finish cleaning the sewing room (that counts right?). Last week DH asked if his stuff was getting in the way of my fabric shop. That means, get it cleaned up. Also, GOTTA get that last border on Sara's log cabin quilt and get it in the mail.

beverly

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

January wasn't as productive as I had hoped but this month I plan to do better. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of going to the quilt shop this morning and ended up signing up for a block of the month quilt (I Believe in Angels) and bought some fabric for placemats so now have 2 more projects to get to. Here is my Feb list of goals:

1. Finish quilting and binding a wallhanging.
    2. do 1st block for BOM
    3. Prep and work on applique block (#4 of 12 for a Piecemakers quilt that I purchased almost 4 years ago at the Nashville quilt show - they are very involved blocks)
    4. Cut out all pinwheel blocks for a king size bed quilt
    5. Make placemats.

goodness, to accomplish all of that I will have to live in my sewing room. LOL. Better get busy with quilting the first item on my to-do list.

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

I'm STILL working on the DWR. I didn't do any sewing this past week. I am taking two classes next week and did cut out the strips for the class. On Tuesday, I am leaving work early to go to a class in the afternoon and then quilt guild in the evening. We are making an apple pin cushion from wool. The shop owner who is teaching the class designed it for our guild (Appleseed Quilt Guild). On Saturday I will attend a class to make a "Confetti Log Cabin". It is a black and white log cabin with small bright colors scattered in the blocks. The teacher is a member of our guild.
    Linda OH

• deannabsd
    15 years ago

1. Sew a baby blanky-just two pieces of flannel together for a baby shower of the future
    2. Work on my disappearing nine to four
    3. Help Julie with a graduation quilt
    4. Tie a quilt for my nieces graduation--that should be number one and then it can be put away
    5. Make a fleece throw for a graduation gift. (should put that #2 and then could put it away)
    6. Decide on fabric for katies gift

OH darn, February is a short month!! Deanna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Deanna, I have a D9P to work on also....will probably take me a couple months, but it's for a June BD so I think I'll be ok. I plan to applique some hearts on it during the Super Bowl!

LindaOH, When did you say you were giving your DD the DWR? For their 5th anniversary???? lol The Confetti Log Cabin sounds like it will be a really neat pattern! Show us a pic of the block after your class, ok?

Iluvtoquilt, We just keep plugging away at our lists. I've found the prep work for applique sometimes takes more time than sewing it on! But, I still like to applique.

Beverly, I'm surprised you didn't tell him, yes! You're gettin' soft, girlfriend. [chuckle]

annie, I can understand 'crazy' and the uncertainty of moving and where to. Sounds like you have a good handle on your projects and timing, though.

I finally got most everything put back in my sewing area that was taken out last October for DH to put up the new ceiling and panel the walls while I was gone. Sure is nice to have things within arms reach (if I stand up and stretch) again. I have one Prayer Square completed and the Cars quilt is on the kitchen table waiting for the backing to be pinned on....maybe tomorrow. @:)

Sharon

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

How's everyone doing? It's cold enough to make ya want to stay inside by the fireplace and quilt, eh? If I had a fireplace, I might do that.

I haven't done a whole lot....finished the Cars quilt and will put the label on it when I get it back from DD3. Have 3 more sides of the 5 year old's quilt to bind. Somewhere I saw a raggy edge binding and I'm trying that. Three Prayer Squares done...I had some Cathedral Window circles like Jan (I think it was) posted so just finished them up as single squares.

Deanna, What size do you make your flannel blankies?

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    15 years ago

Sharon, my machine is on it's way to the shop (skipping stitches and the usual fixes don't) so my next projects will be delayed a week or so. I will get the back the backup and get started again. Sounds like you have been really busy.

beverly

• gerizone5
    15 years ago

I have so many UFO's and new projects started that I'm constantly spinning my wheels and going off in all directions. One of these days I'll get something accomplished and post the picture here. In the meantime, my Feb. goal is to keep on pluggin:)

• petalpatsy
    15 years ago

My February goal is GET MY MACHINE UPSTAIRS AND USE IT! I must face my bobbin head on and conquer it.

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

Sharon, you may be right about DD's wedding quilt being finished for her 5th anniversary! lol If I don't do more than I did this week, it will be even later. I went to a class on Tuesday to make a wool pin cushion and tomorrow I am going to another class. It is all day and is a black and white log cabin with little pieces of bright fabrics thrown in. Just what I need, another project. I couldn't resist when I heard about the class. The teacher is a member of our guild and I have been wanting to take a class with her. She taught at the quilt show last year, but I took a class with Kim Diehl instead.
    Linda OH

• jahalaro
    15 years ago

I have almost finished the 9-patch scrappy top that wasn't on my January list but not much else. Our Tuesday group is making comfort quilts for some of the people who lost homes in our recent bushfire, so I have been helping with that.I love this aspect of my new home in the country - seeing how the community pulls together. Now I have two fingers of my right hand strapped together after catching my grand-daughter as she was falling off a chair and bending one of my fingers sideways. Just badly sprained luckily but limiting my work for a little while. I am making progress on organising my sewing area and equipment.Beth

• solstice98
    15 years ago

I've made 2 fabric bowls and finished the February birthday blocks, but that's it. No more sewing on the koi panel and no more of my own birthday blocks made. Oh yeah, I made 2 of the 3 lotto blocks I'm doing this month too. I'll finish the 3rd this weekend.

I decided I needed one of the mostly out-of-stock matching fabrics to the border print I bought in January. LOL Absolutely HAD TO HAVE IT or my life would not be complete. But I couldn't find it anywhere. Finally a request to eQuilter.com resulted in success! I bought 2 yards and it came today. Yea! Now that I see it in person I know I was right and it was necessary. Now I just have to decide what i want to do with it all!

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Beverly, At least you have a back-up machine. You aren't totally without, but, it just isn't the same, is it.

Geri, Make a list of your UFO's and just work on a couple of them every month. You don't even have to finish it, just work on it. At least, that's the way I'm doing it. NO PRESSURE but accomplishing something on them!!! That's the name of the game....keep on plugging! lol

petalpatsy, Get a strong person to carry your machine for you. Don't want your back giving out and not be able to sew! *grin* Have you posted the problem you're having with the bobbin? I'm sure someone on the forum could help.

LindaOH, Are you a classaholic???? *chuckle* I'd love to see a picture of the Log Cabin block!

Beth, I cracked up when I read about your 9-patch...almost finished but not on the list! Put it on there!!! I cut out flannel for a rag quilt last night....not on my list! I think what started me on my comfort quilt list for this year was being at Riley Hospital and seeing what I saw. Nothing I can do for them medically, but I sure hope to bring some comfort. Glad you were able to catch your granddaughter.

Kate, Don't ya love it when you're right!!!! LOLOLOL

Now that I have both of the fire victims quilts done, I plan to applique hearts on the D9P today for my friend's 80th birthday in June. My UFO projects for the next few days is to sew the Boston Terrier blue pinwheels together (I've been looking for some red dog related fabric but nothing strikes my fancy) and also the 3-D pink pinwheels.

Have a great week-end everyone......Sharon

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

I'm a little late joining in this month. I was out of town until Tuesday night and am just getting back to my sewing room. I love this support group - kind of like Weight Watchers with all of the encouragement!! I finished all of my January goals, mostly because I kept my list short, but it was a great feeling. I know I'm down to three weeks on this one, but I'm hopeful I can still get a bit accomplished.

1. Finish and mail the bow tie blocks for this month's lotto. I made two last month, so should be able to put the third together yet this weekend.

2. Make another 8 to 12 blocks to add to the bear paw blocks I received from my second 2007 birthday group. Also design and complete the top. March will be the month for actually quilting completed tops.

3. Make at least one 6 & 1/2" crumb block a day. I know I'm already behind on this, but think I can get caught up. I sorted "crumbs" last night while watching TV. I probably have enough for two large quilts! I love this technique even though my results have been pretty ordinary so far. I think I can get more creative with time to practice.

4. Okay, here's a real delayed project - actually two - -
    Ten or twelve years ago I made three Lover's Knot tops from the Eleanor Burns pattern. One was tied and given as a wedding gift. Another was also intended as a wedding gift, but I tied leaning over the bed with a cutting mat under the quilt for support, and the process started giving me back problems. That couple got something from their registry instead, but I hoped to eventually finish the quilt for them. The third top was for my own home and I solved the problem of finishing that one by making it into a duvet cover for our down comforter. Now that I have a machine quilting set-up, I'd like to revisit those tops. The ungifted one needs a border or two. That should be manageable yet this month. The duvet cover will need to be taken apart. That's probably as much as I can hope to accomplish on that one this month, but it will be a start.

5. Recover a couple of "floor" pillows that our chocolate lab thinks really belong to him. He has plenty of toys, but he's especially proud to bring us a pillow or boot. At least he doesn't eat them!

That looks like plenty for February - probably more than I can finish. But we're having a thaw today, meaning no chance of getting out on our snowshoes, so I'm heading to my attic sewing room with hopes of finishing goal #1 before lunch.

Bonnie

• salijo
    15 years ago

Last weekend, I attempted to make a birthday block (a star of my choice) and had trouble from the get go. I had resized the pattern to fit the 1" test square, but the directions said to cut squares that didn't match the dimensions of the pattern. I don't know what went wrong, but I think I mis-sized the pattern. Anyway, I was determined to make this square. So as I went along, I modifed the pieces to fit and I thought I would just put some kind of border around the block to make up for any lost inches. This took HOURS!!! And finally my block was finished without the border...but one direction was 1/4" shorter than the other and then I saw a MAJOR mistake..the center square was not exactly square. In my attempt to get something to fit, I had modified a seam and made the center square irregular.....so I'm back in the saddle this weekend. I am DETERMINED to make this square! It shouldn't be that difficult! I've resized the pattern again; and this time, I think I have it right. I'll report back tomorrow with my results!
    Salijo

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

It sounds like everyone is keeping busy. I spent this past week painting my husband's study but I only allowed myself to spend an hour a day doing that so I would have time to still do housework, etc and still have my afternoons free to sew. I finished my wallhanging and have the "I Believe in Angels" BOM block prepped as well as the Piecemakers applique block prepped. I have about a fifth of the blocks cut out for my king size pinwheel quilt. So I am making progress. Will work on the applique blocks in the evenings while watching TV with hubby so next week should be able to get the rest of the pinwheel blocks cut out and maybe start sewing some of them. Putting your goals in writing and then actually seeing results as you accomplish them and scratch them off the list really helps!Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. Bev

• polardream
    15 years ago

I feel pretty good tonight!
    I got 1 block handquilted on a VERY long-term UFO! AND Pieced & machine quilted prayer quilt for teacher I work with.
    Now my dilemma - I had planned to have all the other teachers "tie" the quilt as accents - do you think that will look okay with the machine quilting? It is all in-the-ditch.
    Also, painted part of a wall in the family room (we sold our aquarium & there was a BIG section of wall that I painted around last time :)
    Tomorrow we are pulling the carpet from DS's bathroom so it's ready to have tile installed on Monday - WOOHOO.

Salijo - hang in there - that star WILL turn out okay!

Sharon - keep warm! I think it has been warmer in Colorado than Florida.

Sue

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sue, I think the Prayer Quilt will look ok Ditched & Tied. That's what I did with the 2 fire victim quilts. I ditched around the borders and DD3 and DGD are supposed to tie the centers. Group effort!

Bev, The I Believe in Angels BOM sounds really neat..hope to see a picture of your squares.

Salijo, Waiting to hear from you.....don't get discouraged, quilting is supposed to be fun and not stressful.

Bonnie, Your list makes me tired. Only one Crumb a day? Those things are addicting....I'll bet you can't make just one! LOL

I have the large blue pinwheels all sewn together and almost have all of them sewn to the Boston Terrier square AND, have figured out how to make the quilt longer without it looking too dorky because I ran out of the Kona blue and I've forgotten what shade it is. When I ordered more and guessed, it was wrong...should have known. I've also appliqued a couple hearts onto the D9P...6 more to go.

(You gals that paint, pull carpet, do housework and work in the yard/garden....I applaud you!

SharonG/FL

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

I just found out we're having company Sunday through Tuesday, so thought I'd update tonight. Tomorrow will be a housecleaning day, so my quilting is over for the week anyway!

1. My three lotto blocks are finished and delivered to Cathy.

2. I have completed six additional bear paw blocks. I need to finalize my layout to see how many more I will need. I'm guessing four to six more.

3. The crumb blocks are getting a little better. I'm not up to one a day yet, but have eight done and should have 28 by the end of the month without much difficulty.

4. Bought border fabric for one of the unfinished Lover's Knot tops - and thought about (LOL) taking apart the one made into a duvet cover.

5. Haven't touched the floor pillows yet. I'll just have to hide them while my company is here. :)

Bonnie

• solstice98
    15 years ago

I love to read about it being cold enough for a fireplace...

Today, DH Jim (aka Cabana Boy) and I dug up a triangle of the backyard, evened it up and started laying paver blocks to make our sunset viewing spot. 78 degrees and sweaty!
    Cold? No.
    Fireplace? No.
    I don't think I'll get much quilting done this weekend.

Besides non-quilting projects, I just had a new quilting project move to the top of my 'must do' list. One of DH's co-workers is getting married in a month, so I want to make they a nice sofa throw contemporary quilt.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's my update:

1. Work on SallyÂs quilt border
    2. Start quilting Charms on Point
    3. Sew pinwheel blocks together for Boston Terrier quilt
    (Done and ready for narrow red border)
    4. Finish sewing 3-D pinwheel blocks
    5. Work on SBSbelle

New:
    1. 2 BD Blocks (1 done)
    2. 2 Kitchen Towels
    3. Applique hearts on pink D9P (plan to work on tomorrow)
    4. Make practice bear
    5. Quilt for 5 year old fire victim (Done)
    6. Finish Car Quilt for 8 year old fire victim (Done)
    7. Finish pink/purple little quilt
    8. Complete Prayer Squares (7 made)

Not on list:
    Applique In A Day block prepared and have started to sew.
    Crumb Blocks - 21

SharonG/FL

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

Here's my update.

1. Wallhanging (finished)
    2. I Believe in Angels BOM (appliqued, now have to piece around it)
    3. Piecemaker's Quilt (working on)
    4. Pinwheel quilt (all cut out and starting to sew)

Bev

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bev, Any chance of posting a picture of your I Believe in Angels block? Are they actually angels?

LindaOH, How were your classes? How about a picture of the log cabin?????

Kate, Only a month??? You better get busy and leave the pavers to your Cabana Boy. @:)

Bonnie, Good goin' on your goals! I understand about company coming....hope you're enjoying them.

I made a small Winnie quilt that called out to me over the week-end and finished it yesterday. No, not on the list and a picture is in the Gallery.

Sharon

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

Hi Sharon,
    My classes were great. The pin cushion class was all hand work which is not my favorite but I like the pin cushion now that it is finished.
    The second class was a lot of fun. I went with 2 friends plus all the ladies in the guild are really nice too. I finished 3 blocks in the class. We left about an hour early because my DD was home for the weekend.
    I have not made any more blocks since the class. I am STILL working on the DWR. I am making lots of progress with it. Hopefully I will get the top finished next week. Then I can start all over again to make the DWR for our anniversary. I do have it started but put it aside to work on DD quilt.
    I will try to get some pictures up next weekend. I have to leave for work in about 5 minutes.
    Linda OH

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

Sharon,
    The "I Believe in Angels" quilt is actually a xmas quilt with folk art type angels in each block. It is a Bunny Hill Designs pattern. Cute and colorful. I am making it for a cousin who collects angels. I will try to post a photo of the first block when I get it pieced. It is all appliqued but yesterday I made curtains for my dining room instead of quilting so is still needing to be pieced.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LindaOH, Don't ya hate it when work gets in the way of having fun? You'd probably have both those DWR's done if you weren't working. Looking forward to the pictures.

Bev, That will be a cute quilt with angels in each block.

On my list, I have both BD blocks done and only have 2 more hearts to applique onto the D9P top. I made another quilt that's ready for backing....hope to finish it over the week-end.

SharonG/FL

• salijo
    15 years ago

I had only 2 items on my list (2 birthday blocks). With the exception of just a couple of pieces, they are now both cut out waiting for me to sew them tomorrow.
    Salijo

• salijo
    15 years ago

One block down, one to go!
    Salijo

• lluvtoquilt
    15 years ago

I have had a very productive month so far. Have completed and surpassed my list of goals. Although I did not make the placemats yet I instead made some curtains so the placemats will go on next month's list. I not only got all my blocks cut out for the pinwheel quilt, but I have actually got 15 blocks sewn already. In addition, I have painted the master bedroom and master bath. Boy, I need a vacation!

• salijo
    15 years ago

Woo hoo! I finished the second birthday block...now I have to start thinking of how to raise my goals for March, as I only have one birthday block to do in March. I suppose I could add the block for the March lotto and do a birthday block for my own birthday.
    Salijo

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

February is too short!! I do have the birthday block bear paw top almost completed, though. I'll be out of town again until the middle of next week - visiting my 94-year-old mother in Ann Arbor. That's a trip I make twice a month.

No one is missing the pillow I hid rather than recover - except the dog - and he can't play with it after I fix it anyway. I'm caught up on my daily crumb squares, but will probably have to forget about working on the older Lover's Knot tops until March.

I'm having so much fun with the crumbs that I now look at cutting mistakes as just more crumbs to work with!!

Bonnie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok gals, we have a few days left in February to work on our goals. Next month we'll have 3 more days so start thinking about the next list of goals.

Great going, Salijo!!! I am so proud of you!

love2quilt, Good job on making and surpassing your goal list! I think you need to add to it next month. *smile*

Bonnie, As I find bits and pieces or even little blocks already made up from when just playing around, I now think "CRUMBS" woooohoooo You think your dog will know the pillow is not a toy after you cover it??? You're fortunate to live close enough to your mother for visiting. Give her an extra hug from me the next time you see her.

My UFO's are sadly neglected, but I have at least one thing done on my list and might be able to start another. I hope to have 6 things done on my New list by the end of the week and have completed a Comfort Winnie quilt (32"X45") and also a Bunnies and Bears (45"X58") quilt for great-granddaughter that weren't on my list...pic's in the Gallery.

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I doubt that I'll get any more done this month....but maybe. This is what I did this month.

3. Sew pinwheel blocks together for Boston Terrier quilt
    5. Work on SBSbelle
    New:
    1. 2 BD Blocks
    3. Applique hearts on pink D9P
    5. Quilt for 5 year old fire victim
    6. Finish Car Quilt for 8 year old fire victim
    7. Finish pink/purple little quilt (RMH)
    8. Complete Prayer Squares (RMH)

Things done not on list:
    Prepare App in a Day block-back basting
    Hexagon Blah Blocks into Rectangles (Did all but 5)
    32X45 Winnie quilt RMH
    D9P 45X58 Bunnies & Bears

SharonG/FL

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

Well, I almost made it!

1. February lotto blocks - done

2. Top from bear paw birthday blocks (2007) - done. I made eight more for a total of 20.

3. Crumb-a-day - done. I actually made 30 this month.

4. Older Lover's Knot tops - almost finished putting the borders on the "ungifted" one. That will be my first goal for March. I didn't tackle taking the other (now a duvet cover) apart. Another project for March.

5. Recovering floor pillows - probably won't even make the March list. Just not a high enough priority compared to crumb blocks!!

It has been inspiring seeing how much everyone has accomplished - and also reading about the variety of projects. Now to determine how much I can hope to do in March. I'll have to squeeze in some winter sowing before too long.

Bonnie