SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eyoung_gw

Builder trying to fix in-floor. Now poor heat?

eyoung
14 years ago

Long story.

I have an in-ground gunite pool. It was put in this year. It has a paramount in-floor cleaner. Originally, it was setup to run 2 skimmers, leaf skimmer and the in-floor cleaner through a 400,000btu heater all on one pump. This did not provide enough pressure at the heads to properly clean.

To fix this. My pool builder put the in-floor cleaner on it's own pump. The floor clean pulls water through one of the skimmers and then out through the floor heads on it's own pump. I believe this is how it should have been done.

The problem is heating the pool. To heat, the other pump pulls water through the skimmers, through the heater, but the only returns are in my spa. There is not a return in the pool besides cleaner heads. The spa then spills over into the pool to heat it. Will this work? It seems like it will be a very ineffecient way to heat a pool. As I stated above, in the original setup the heated water was returned through the cleaner heads. Now, it is returned into the spa.

Help!

PS. I do not have the new pump wired yet so I do not know what the outcome will be.

Comments (2)