SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
odessaquilts

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack! (careful ... a little lengthy)

odessaquilts
13 years ago

Hello Everyone,

It's been a really long time since I've been here. I want to apologize for my absence. Some of you may be aware that my family has been struggling with some personal issues, which have seriously impaired my ability to create and, especially, quilt.

It is to those of you who were on my birthday group lists last year (yes, I was on two) that I wish to apologize. I was unable to complete blocks for some of you from approximatley August through the end of the year. I had every intention of finishing them, but my situation had me far too paralyzed and unable to work on them. I trust that Kristene was able to get replacement blocks to you for what I was unable to complete.

To the ladies in the 2nd (Row) and 3rd (Row/Round) Robin Groups: I am diligently working on catching up and getting these quilts off my sewing table and on to yours! I hope that you will like what I am adding to your work and that it will complement your finished quilts. You should start seeing them in your mailboxes very soon.

Everyone, I discovered that my husband has a condition that was a complete surprise to me, even though I have known him for 45 years. This situation caused him to be hospitalized at the end of December and again in early February. Immediately following this second hospitalization I lost my job. I have maintained that my position as his wife was to stand by my husband, no matter what may come from this situation. I thought I was being successful, but it was becoming more and more difficult to maintain our friendship, let alone our marriage. Despite my protestations and best attempts to keep our family together, four nights ago he told me that he wants a separation and does not intend to come back.

I don't know why, but although the past 2 weeks have been really difficult here, I have been working on these Row/Round Robin quilts. It might be the universe's way of telling me "it's time". As I am filing for divorce tomorrow, the creativity genes in my brain have kicked in to "protect" me ... by allowing me to create and make something beautiful even as my life seems to be falling apart.

Fortunately, I have some WONDERFULLY CARING friends here, who have called me, sent notes, and in one case even e-mailed the local police to come by and check to see that I am still alive and well. Yes, I am very aware that I am truly, truly blessed even as my life continues its unusual path.

So, thank you all for your patience and understanding, and I hope to be completely caught up very, very soon.

OdessaQuilts

Comments (21)